Colorado, Nevada, Utah EV Corridor Announced

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remarquian

DENVER (KKTV) - A multi-state plan has been announced to build an electric vehicle corridor.

The governors of Colorado, Utah and Nevada made the announcement Monday to develop complementary plans for building an electric-vehicle charging network throughout the states. The corridors will include I-70, I-76 and I-25 across Colorado.

This initiative recognizes that our states will continue to lead the country in the electric vehicle market,” said Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper. “Our residents and the millions of visitors to our states will be able to drive electric vehicles from Denver to Salt Lake City to Las Vegas -- from the Rockies to the Pacific.”

The plan includes I-70, I-80 and I-15 across Utah. Along with I-80 and I-15 across Nevada. The charging network will connect more than 2,000 miles of highway.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Electric-vehicle-corridor-planned-407506035.html

Very nice. They need to put these in all highway rest stops. Have a few and charge for use. That would make EV commuting practical.

Many states outlawed this under pressure from ICE lobbyists.

This is going to be extremely useful for visiting the ski resorts, visiting National Parks and Forests, and helping people buy EVs with more confidence. Right now the interstate is pretty much off limits due to the speeds, but having chargers along the way let's me stretch the battery to the last % and also go places besides just the metro area.

I find it crazy that Colorado has gone from 100 EVs to over 8000 in 5 years.

This is nice to see and was certainly needed. I hope they build this looking to the future and don't just put one charger every 50 miles. We are going to be wanting plenty of access so there is not a wait for charging at each step of the journey.

Sounds superb!
I'm planning on doing a 360 mile round trip this weekend with part of it along I-70 from Grand Junction to Rifle. According to Plugshare there are already level 2 charging stations about every 15 miles between GJ and Rifle. My problem is going the 130 miles between Gunnison and GJ. There's only one public charging station in route in Montrose.

Back