Boston / New England area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch672

Looks like there are very few of us, judging from the map, and, we may have to wait until the 2nd half of 2011 from what I hear, but if you are in the greater Boston (or anywhere in New England), please say hello and introduce yourself.

I have driven Prius's for the past 10 years, I am on my third and final one, I have owned each generation, but I was really waiting for the Plug in Prius which was supposed to be out around 2010, I got tired of waiting and just upgraded to the Gen 3 at the begining of the year, probably should have just waited for the Leaf :(

Before the Prius's, I have owned a 2001 Suburban (sold when I got a job in downtown Boston), 1984 Chevrolet C10 VAN, 1990 GMC Vandura 3500 van, 1980 Chevyrolet pickup truck frame (was an ambulance) converted to a box truck, and I still own a 1994 Chevrolet Suburban that I have a Fisher 7' plow on, I use to clear the drive during snow storms. I used to own a wiring and cabling company in a past life (80's and 90's), thats why the collection of vans/trucks.

I'm in southern NH -- waiting until late 2011 will be interesting. If I can get a PHEV prius at roughly the same time, it'll be an interesting choice. My commute is short enough to fully utilize the short prius EV range -- of course that puts me in the range were I could probably drive a leaf all week without charging.

More choices are good. perhaps some of the early markets will weed out the problems and expose any issues!

Hi all! Glad to find the forum, but pretty disappointed to learn that the Leaf isn't coming out until late next year. Is this nationwide or just out our way? (Northeast)

We have a Lexus 400H that my wife drives. We like it, but it obviously can't touch the efficiency of a Prius or similarly sized car. My current car (an old Audi A4) is dying NOW and I'd LOVE to get my hands on a Leaf. I have a short commute (42 miles round trip) and this would have been perfect. I've pretty much had my heart set on a Leaf for the last few months but it looks like I'll need to begin my car shopping anew.

If Nissan is rolling the Leaf out West first, does anyone know if there any legal/regulatory issues with flying out to another region, tossing one on a flatbed, and bringing it back East?

erndog5800 said:
If Nissan is rolling the Leaf out West first, does anyone know if there any legal/regulatory issues with flying out to another region, tossing one on a flatbed, and bringing it back East?

Nissan has said (don't remember where) that they are fine with people picking up a car in some other state. BTW, MA is an round 2/3 rollout state - where you can get it in may be mid of 2011.

We should know more when Nissan announces the exact ordering process ...

Try and get in line in D.C.

Closer, so less travel cost...and Washington dc is pretty new to the first level shipping...so maybe not too many people are ahead of you.

Do you have a deposit in?

Do you know somebody in dc that you can use their address?

Gavin

Well I was hoping to get an early unit but as usual Us Eastern Folk will have to wait. I currently have a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid and I have a feeling my batteries are starting to go. I received a letter from Honda for a Software Update but I am hesitant to get it done because it decreases performance-lowers gas mileage. I definitely don't want that to happen. I also just had an Oxygen sensor replaced and my gas mileage is back up to 40+ instead of 35. So the Leaf would be a Welcome Change.

Here's to Hoping for a Leaf in Early 2011!

Kevin in CT
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid
2003 Honda Civic Hybrid traded in at 50k

Hi folks i`m from New England, I am a former Bostonian now living in San Diego. For those who own hybrids, how does the cold affect your cars. stanley

I am way out in Western Massachusetts awaiting my leaf in "Fall or Winter 2011" thinking the same thing about picking one up in an earlier market.

I'll be searching to see if anyone tries, but I'm expecting demand will be high enough that dealers would have no interest in the approach.

Listless, don't even try... Nissan came out and talked about "battery heaters" for cold weather areas, and that won't be an option for a while, so if you brought back a "western us" Leaf to the east coast/new england the battery performance would probably be horrible

Are Li-Ion that different from NiMH? All the RAV4-EVs that were taken from California back to the NorthEast are working acceptably for their owners there.

erndog5800 said:
Hi all! Glad to find the forum, but pretty disappointed to learn that the Leaf isn't coming out until late next year. Is this nationwide or just out our way? (Northeast)

We have a Lexus 400H that my wife drives. We like it, but it obviously can't touch the efficiency of a Prius or similarly sized car. My current car (an old Audi A4) is dying NOW and I'd LOVE to get my hands on a Leaf. I have a short commute (42 miles round trip) and this would have been perfect. I've pretty much had my heart set on a Leaf for the last few months but it looks like I'll need to begin my car shopping anew.

If I were you, I wouldn't do it. Later, when it's your time to order, Nissan will have a 'winterized' version for the East with battery warmers and some other great things for cold weather driving. If you were to choose a 'Western' LEAF, and have it shipped to you, it won't have the winterizing and your battery performance would be much less.

Has there been anything about the actual new England availability? Will the who region go at once or will vt me and nh lag behind ma ct and ri?

Hi all, I'm here in Central CT, waiting patiently for the day when I can order my new leaf. Put my $99 down in May. Currently driving a 98 Dodge Intrepid and milking it along until I can switch to all electric driving. As others have posted, I can probably get away with charging just a couple times a week. Exciting times ahead, but I wish Nissan would allow us here on the east coast (tri state area, lots of $, multiple car households, short commutes) to get in on the action earlier then the 2nd half of 2011.

essaunders said:
Has there been anything about the actual new England availability? Will the who region go at once or will vt me and nh lag behind ma ct and ri?

I don't think that Nissan has fine tuned that part of the rollout yet, as it is likely 6-9 months out. As the order time gets closer, they may have more info.

Late last year the projections for us getting cars was "mid-late 2011". Anyone know if that's slipped...?
What's the best way to know if things start moving? Talk to dealers? Wait for email from Nissan? Or just watch this forum?

Back