brianchi73
Delivery Date: 30 Sep 2012
Leaf Number: 023723

Re: Chicagoland area

DougWantsALeaf wrote:73

Heat does run between 1 and 3 kwh. I preheated the cabin after each charge and ran no heat, just the seat warmers.
No heat certainly helps with the range. For the record you can probably set it to 62 or 63 in eco mode or 61 in non-eco mode, and it should settle in around .5 to 1 kwh just to keep it "tepid". :-) Of course...if you're concerned about range it's better to just do seat and steering wheel heaters and make it to your destination.

Thanks for the info.
GRA

Phatcat73 wrote:gurnee outlet mall charges .49 per kwh. at 4 miles per kWh, it'd cost $4 to travel 16 miles. At that rate, gas is cheaper.
$2, not $4. 16 miles / (4 miles/kWh) = 4 kWh * $0.49/kWh = $1.96. But I agree that at $0.49/kWh, the economic advantage argument compared to a high mileage hybrid is difficult if not impossible to make, especially in winter when you're probably going to get a lot less than 4 miles/kWh, or else freeze.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.
djkjmuoh
Delivery Date: 21 Jun 2013

r1234567 wrote:Rosen just west of the mall has an l2 and they are putting in a chademco. They said the priority are their cars, then people who bought from them and then everyone else.

I saw the CHAdeMO listed on PlugShare and posted on the Rosen dealership Facebook page inquiring if they indeed had one. I wonder if they do yet?
2013 Super Black LEAF SL w/premium pkg
Ordered: 5/10/2013
Delivered/Leased: 6/21/2013
Purchased out of Lease: 3/30/16
56k gas-free miles & counting... quickly!
EVSE: Schneider EVLink 30a v2.5
r1234567
Delivery Date: 21 Mar 2013

I believe it's up and working. I had my heater replaced and when I dropped the Leaf off they said it would be a few days. When I picked up my car, I forgot to ask but my husband thinks he saw it.
djkjmuoh

r1234567 wrote:I believe it's up and working. I had my heater replaced and when I dropped the Leaf off they said it would be a few days. When I picked up my car, I forgot to ask but my husband thinks he saw it.
According to their reply to my facebook post on their page, it IS up and running! They said to "stop by next time I drive by" and that it's in a "super secret spot for Nissan owners only!" Sounds like they will be cool to let all use it!
djkjmuoh

Anyone know if there are any Chicagoland area EV Facebook groups? I was thinking of starting a page where we LEAF owners could discuss issues, chat, share etc with each other but also with those that have other EVs. I know, it's kinda like starting a Cubs/Sox shared page but together we could work to share ideas, get things done, meet up/rally, etc.

If one exists, just direct me... if not, what do you think? Yay/Nay?
brianchi73

djkjmuoh wrote:Anyone know if there are any Chicagoland area EV Facebook groups? I was thinking of starting a page where we LEAF owners could discuss issues, chat, share etc with each other but also with those that have other EVs. I know, it's kinda like starting a Cubs/Sox shared page but together we could work to share ideas, get things done, meet up/rally, etc.

If one exists, just direct me... if not, what do you think? Yay/Nay?
I don't know of one, and I vote yay!
greengate
Delivery Date: 04 Feb 2013

A sad day for those who are doing something about not polluting the environment by driving electric cars.

Not here, that is, at Whole Foods in Northbrook, IL

Perhaps it's their new jingle.." Shop at Whole Foods and there will be no charge for you."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brianchi73

greengate wrote:A sad day for those who are doing something about not polluting the environment by driving electric cars.

Perhaps it's their new jingle.." Shop at Whole Foods and there will be no charge for you."
That is sad. I wish we could post big signs like this at every Nissan dealer in the city and suburbs, so they would get some skin in the game on this. It's so opposite of Tesla's model of providing the entire infrastructure and making sure it works. Grrrrr.

This would be a great picture for the paper. I was quoted in an article by Julie Wernau from the Trib, and I think I still have her contact info. I should forward these pictures to her. I also have been in touch with Brian Howe of JNS Holdings, and it sounds like they will gain control of the chargers AND systems soon. I hope so but that was kind of the news about a year ago and everything's been tied up in litigation.

I did successfully use my Charjit card recently (Walgreens at Broadway and Ridge), but I have no way to add charges or see how many I have left. I was kind of surprised that it worked at all. I know that people have not been able to get those cards for over a year, and now if you had one it would be pretty much useless anyway.

Also I like the name of your photo files. :-)
greengate
Delivery Date: 04 Feb 2013

brianchi73 wrote:
greengate wrote:A sad day for those who are doing something about not polluting the environment by driving electric cars.

That is sad. I wish we could post big signs like this at every Nissan dealer in the city and suburbs, so they would get some skin in the game on this. It's so opposite of Tesla's model of providing the entire infrastructure and making sure it works. Grrrrr.

This would be a great picture for the paper. I was quoted in an article by Julie Wernau from the Trib, and I think I still have her contact info. I should forward these pictures to her. I also have been in touch with Brian Howe of JNS Holdings, and it sounds like they will gain control of the chargers AND systems soon. I hope so but that was kind of the news about a year ago and everything's been tied up in litigation.

I did successfully use my Charjit card recently (Walgreens at Broadway and Ridge), but I have no way to add charges or see how many I have left. I was kind of surprised that it worked at all. I know that people have not been able to get those cards for over a year, and now if you had one it would be pretty much useless anyway.

Also I like the name of your photo files. :-)
Thanks.

Send it along to the Tribune. Good idea. Glad you have the contact.

Maybe they will do an investigation on the issue and bring it to the public's attention. :D

Return to “Central USA”