Minneapolis News

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarvGordon

Just spoke to a city employee directly involved with EV station deployement regarding news that was released last fall. He verified that the city of Minneapolis will have 25 additional chargers installed before the end of 2013. Most of these will be in the downtown Minneapolis area (A,B,C ramps were mentioned as well as others). He mentioned that the city wants to install the latest available technology dual port stations (No 110V). Wasn't sure about 480V stations.....

This is good news. I travel to Mpls for meeting a few days a week from White Bear Lake and I sometimes cannot charge at all because the Haaf Ramp usually has 2 Volts and an iMev at the only charging stations. I think two of those car owners are monthly contract parkers that occupying those chargers all day everyday, which is a problem if true, and certaibnly not in the spirit of what Public Charging is all about.

Congratulations on your Leaf. I has hoping to trade up to the '13, but the trade in value for my '12 is laughable.

At the PEV Owners circle Thursday. Night mention was made of 76 new. Chargers to be installed in the Metro area.
If you guys haven't joined us, please do!
http://www.pluginconnect.com/mnpevowners.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back