Leaf I My2012 - heat pump

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmink

Hello form Norway,
I just bought Leaf I My2012 without heat pump and I thing to install pump to my car.
Is it possible?

Very difficult, I'm afraid. Much easier to install a small electric heater for the driver, or a propane or diesel-fueled space heater, distasteful as that may seem.

Car will be connect during the night than I will start heating by application before I will drive.
I also get information from different forum that it will be to difficult because on prelift version Nissan didn't install hp and on after lift version everything inside is different.

One option that I explored was using an inverter with two 200 watt ceramic heaters plugged into it, both in the driver's footwell. It actually worked ok, by keeping the driver's legs and feet warm with the cabin heater off. Two similar 400-450 watt heaters would work even better, and the same could be done on the passenger side, with all of them switchable. This would require a good, preferably AGM, 12 volt battery with substantial capacity. Before you do anything, though, I suggest you invest in the HEAT OFF switch developed for the 'water heater' Leafs.

if you are looking for a good solution for winter time to preheat the cabin, just buy a wifi wall plug and a little space heater (with tilt sensor) and run an extension cord from your house with the space heater in the car. Set the wifi wall plug to turn on an hour or so before you leave (depending on how cold it is) and the car will be nice and toasty inside. That is the cheapest option, i did that at about 50-60$ total for my wifes ICE car.

Back