Can LeafSpy replace the Nissan Head Unit? Feature Request/Suggestion...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike

I was wondering if it might be possible to have LeafSpy access some of the other CAM bus settings.

Specifically the charge and climate timers…

I live in New Zealand and Nissan does not officially sell the Leaf here, so all of our cars are 2nd hand imports/ex leases. The cars are great, but unfortunately the dash and the head unit are all in Japanese.

We have a clever guy down here that figured out how to convert the dash to English (for which he charges $150), but apparently converting the head unit is not possible.

I would love to get a new head unit for my 2016 Leaf, but then I would loose the ability to set the charge and climate timers. I know that the heat unit is sending commands over the CAM bus, so I was wondering if Leafspy could do this as well and solve this problem.

Also it is quite common that Japanese exported Leafs get the head unit SD card stolen durning transport, rendering the head unit pretty useless (the navigation system is also useless outside of Japan)

I would gladly pay premium for an update for a version of LeafSpy that could do this, as I’m sure many other people around the Pacific that have access to the Japanese Leafs.

As I see it with an android or iOS/CarPlay headunit, it should be possible to replace the Nissan head unit.

The ability to convert the dash to English via LeafSpy that would also be huge down here. The guy that does it down here does it through the OBD port...

I have this question as well. I’d love to replace my head unit with an android based head unit and run Waze navigation. I don’t want to lose the timer interfaces, backup camera and energy dashboard that the current head unit has.

Apparently evsenhanced can do this here in NZ but there's a $350 fee. I'd prefer the Android swap as well though. But a straight conversion to english would do if it was free (or near). Does anyone know more about converting the headunit to english?

Back