jonathanfields4ever
Delivery Date: 15 Feb 2018

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:19 am

This is absolutely ludicrous. For as much as you charge for this app, there needs to be a better way to contact you. Seems like a “GFY, I have your money kinda deal.” You should check this thread at least every couple of days. I made my first post over two weeks ago.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:54 am

jonathanfields4ever wrote:This is absolutely ludicrous. For as much as you charge for this app, there needs to be a better way to contact you. Seems like a “GFY, I have your money kinda deal.” You should check this thread at least every couple of days. I made my first post over two weeks ago.
If I understand correctly, you were sent the wrong OBDII adapter by a third party, and asked if Turbo3 would refund your payment for the IOS Pro version so you could buy the Android Pro version? If so, you don't have a problem with LeafSpy. You have a problem with whoever sold you the adapter, and are angry because Turbo3 isn't going well beyond his obligations as an app developer? I can understand his not being interested under this circumstance. If there is a problem with his app and he ignores you, that's another story.

If I misunderstand, please enlighten me.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:37 am

jonathanfields4ever wrote:Wow... Fantastic customer service. Thanks for this.
Apple's sales system does not have any option for me to refund a purchase from them.

Apple does not provide me any information about purchases. I know absolutely nothing about individual purchases.

Any refund would need to come from Apple.

But your best option is to return the incorrect OBDII adapter to the seller and purchase a supported OBDII adapter.

I recommend and use the LELink.

Turbo3
Gold Member

Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:39 am

MikeProcter wrote:Just wondering if you had any plans on supporting Apple CarPlay?

LeafSpy works great on my iPhone XS with the LELink ^2 adaptor in my 2018 Leaf Tekna (UK).

I have found it very useful. I did some investigations last year as I was puzzled by the difference between the displayed SoC and LeafSpy.

I posted my findings here:

https://www.speakev.com/threads/how-muc ... us.123377/
I may look into that when I get one of the new Leafs that support Apple CarPlay.

Turbo3
Gold Member

Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:48 am

krush40 wrote:Is there a recommended option between the LE Link and LE Link 2 OBD2 adaptors?

I have iPhone 7+ and looking at 2016/2015 Leafs.

Thanks
The LELink^2 supports a low power mode. However, LeafSpy does not currently have an option to enable it.

I may support it in the future but the low power mode is not compatible with the 2018 and newer Leafs. If the low power mode is enabled on a 2018 or newer Leaf the LELink^2 will go to sleep when the Leaf is turned off and will not wake up again when the Leaf is turned on.

The manufacturer has a special procedure requiring the shorts of two pins to reset the LELink^2 to clear the low power mode.

jonathanfields4ever

Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:33 am

LeftieBiker wrote:
jonathanfields4ever wrote:This is absolutely ludicrous. For as much as you charge for this app, there needs to be a better way to contact you. Seems like a “GFY, I have your money kinda deal.” You should check this thread at least every couple of days. I made my first post over two weeks ago.
If I understand correctly, you were sent the wrong OBDII adapter by a third party, and asked if Turbo3 would refund your payment for the IOS Pro version so you could buy the Android Pro version? If so, you don't have a problem with LeafSpy. You have a problem with whoever sold you the adapter, and are angry because Turbo3 isn't going well beyond his obligations as an app developer? I can understand his not being interested under this circumstance. If there is a problem with his app and he ignores you, that's another story.

If I misunderstand, please enlighten me.
No, I’m not gonna fall for this.

If the answer is “no,” that’s fine, but since the Apple support page’s “contact the developer” link points to this forum directly, he should check the thread every so often or make sure that points somewhere else. That’s not “going above and beyond.” That’s standard customer service when you sell an app for $15. He literally could have said “no, I can’t do that” and I would have been happy.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:35 am

So you are acting like this because of no response until about 25 days later? OK. This isn't a developer forum, so either Apple shouldn't have sent you here, or Turbo3 shouldn't have listed this as his...whatever it's listed as. I see this as a problem with the Apple Store more than with someone who doesn't come here every week, but hey, you got a response. Personally, I would have chewed out the seller who sold you the wrong dongle and then gotten a second registered version of LeafSpy...
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

crunchy3d
Delivery Date: 20 Sep 2018

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:01 am

How fast sampling rate are you achieving with LeafSpy Pro on LELink or some other OBD dongle (what is, actually, the shortest sampling time achieved) with switched on Logging? Are WiFi dongles faster than Bluetooth in this regard or the main obstacle is the speed of OBD protocol in Nissan?
Namely, guys with Hyundai Kona (with some other phone app) are getting sampling rate once per second and I would like to know what is the shortest sampling time possible in Nissan Leaf 2018. It seems that I can't get faster sampling time than 5-6 seconds.

jonathanfields4ever

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:32 am

LeftieBiker wrote:Personally, I would have chewed out the seller who sold you the wrong dongle and then gotten a second registered version of LeafSpy...
That was the original plan. I thought I’d support the developer and just get LeafSpy Pro on Android anyway. But then Turbo3 couldn’t be bothered to check the thread he linked to on the App Store and the seller who sent me the wrong dongle was very nice. So rather than throw more money at the app, I bought a new dongle for me and slapped the other on my wife’s car.

It is not unreasonable to expect a response.

mmcp42
Delivery Date: 30 May 2019

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:08 am

I've seen conflicting advice on which dongle to get
this one
or this one

any advice very welcome
(I'm in the UK if that makes a difference)

Return to “LEAF CANBus”