DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15635
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:56 pm

silverbrewer wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:42 am
I have seen LeafSpy being used to capture the BMS serial number from a battery, but when I tried it, it was not appearing? Does my LeafSpy need updating?
Are you seeing anything at all?
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 19,653 mi, 93.47% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

silverbrewer
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:57 am
Delivery Date: 05 Mar 2020

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:57 pm

My screen showing the Ecu serial numbers was not the same as Dalias, and did not show the BMS info. Could it have been that Dalia had Beta privileges?

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15635
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:10 pm

silverbrewer wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:57 pm
My screen showing the Ecu serial numbers was not the same as Dalias, and did not show the BMS info. Could it have been that Dalia had Beta privileges?
Ok, not understanding why serial numbers should be the same? You mean version numbers?
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 19,653 mi, 93.47% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

silverbrewer
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:57 am
Delivery Date: 05 Mar 2020

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:53 am

Yes, sorry! Version numbers. I am trying to interrogate the vans original 24 kWh BMS so I can fit a 30kwh BMS and have it work.
I am removing the 24kwh battery and replacing it with a set of 60 ah pouches configured 96S4P.
As they are NMC pouches, I am assuming that the BMS from a 30kwh Nissan battery will work better in the new system, which will in effect be exactly the same as the original Nissan system, just circa 85 kWh. It is a ENV200, and the battery is from an IPace. ENv200 has aircon derived battery pack cooling as standard

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15635
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:32 am

silverbrewer wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:53 am
Yes, sorry! Version numbers. I am trying to interrogate the vans original 24 kWh BMS so I can fit a 30kwh BMS and have it work.
I am removing the 24kwh battery and replacing it with a set of 60 ah pouches configured 96S4P.
As they are NMC pouches, I am assuming that the BMS from a 30kwh Nissan battery will work better in the new system, which will in effect be exactly the same as the original Nissan system, just circa 85 kWh. It is a ENV200, and the battery is from an IPace. ENv200 has aircon derived battery pack cooling as standard
Good luck. I think you have monumental challenges you have yet to encounter getting that done. Nissan's BMS seems to be very unfriendly to changes.
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 19,653 mi, 93.47% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skippy
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:23 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Jan 2020
Location: New Jersey - USA

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:45 am

Just curious. Is LeafSpy Pro still actively supported? I ask as the IOS version 1.7.38 is now 2 years old. Anything new in the pipeline?

Also, are there any worthwhile feature differences with its Android cousin?

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15635
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:10 am

Skippy wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:45 am
Just curious. Is LeafSpy Pro still actively supported? I ask as the IOS version 1.7.38 is now 2 years old. Anything new in the pipeline?

Also, are there any worthwhile feature differences with its Android cousin?
:shock:

Android here and I get updates all the time. Last update was Oct 20th

EDIT; forgot, I am beta so that might make a difference but usually only means we get the updates before the regulars do...
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 19,653 mi, 93.47% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

goldbrick
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:33 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 311806
Location: Boulder, CO

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:58 pm

Apologizes in advance for a really stupid question.....but do I need to do anything to update LSP? Does it auto update every time it starts when in wifi range, or is there a procedure I need to follow to update the app?

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Posts: 2954
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:47 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:12 pm

goldbrick wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:58 pm
Apologizes in advance for a really stupid question.....but do I need to do anything to update LSP? Does it auto update every time it starts when in wifi range, or is there a procedure I need to follow to update the app?
I am not sure about automatic updates because I have my Android devices set to avoid automatic updates. Therefore, I go into Google Play Store and check for updates once in a while and then download like any other update. I am also a Beta tester, but believe the updates are released for general use after beta testers verify that there are no issues.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015; traded 8/10/2019 at 82,436 miles
White LEAF 2019 SL Plus purchased 8/10/2019

goldbrick
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:33 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 311806
Location: Boulder, CO

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:14 pm

Thanks Gerry. I'll check out the app store. That reminds me, I used to get update messages all the time but I don't think I've got anything in over a year. I wonder if I somehow turned off updates as well, or maybe I set the phone to update without asking? I've worked with computers for a long time but I'm still pretty dumb when it comes to phones. I guess I should get up to speed a bit.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”