Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick summay of my experience with LSP Android version (Pixel 4a) on a 2021 SL+ using newly purchased LELink dongle:

App connects most of the time but not always, not sure why.

Data is way more than I will ever understand but nice to have.

Service screen works well for changing door lock, headlight, and interior lights defaults.
Not tried resetting any fault codes since I do not have any.

VSP settings will change for a few seconds, but then revert to factory settings after the 'countdown'.
I cannot get them to 'stick'. Any suggestions on how to make VSP changes permanent would be appreciated.
Just occurs to me - should I hit 'DONE' while countdown is in progress? That button is not active after countdown.

tomas47 said:
Quick summay of my experience with LSP Android version (Pixel 4a) on a 2021 SL+ using newly purchased LELink dongle:

App connects most of the time but not always, not sure why.

Data is way more than I will ever understand but nice to have.

Service screen works well for changing door lock, headlight, and interior lights defaults.
Not tried resetting any fault codes since I do not have any.

VSP settings will change for a few seconds, but then revert to factory settings after the 'countdown'.
I cannot get them to 'stick'. Any suggestions on how to make VSP changes permanent would be appreciated.
Just occurs to me - should I hit 'DONE' while countdown is in progress? That button is not active after countdown.

Before EV noise was recommended. Now its required as of this year. Guessing its simply something you have to live with. I suggest trading for a 2020 or turning on the radio.

Hi Chaps
Can anyone tell me if its possible to read the e-ACT brake control module with anything other than CONSULT? Would be great id Leaf Spy could do it?!
Regards
Stuart

I have had troubles connecting Leaf SPy to OBD.

I have an OBD (KONNWEI New KW902 Mini ELM327 Bluetooth Wireless OBD-II OBD2), to use with Leaf Spy (lite for the moment) but haven't been able to get it to work. The light is on so I assume it gets power. I plugged it in, then turned on Leaf, then booted Spy Lite - but nothing on the screen. Am I doing something wrong? . The device shows up on android bt options, but leaf spy tries to connect and I get the message '(bTs) read failed, socket may be closed or time out, read ret - 1'

Thanks

Rich

In the new Leaf spy pro software, can tou tell me the purpose of the bullhorn and internal speaker buttons on the VSP settings page? They do not show up in the help section and when applied on my 2017SV, ring the backup alarm once.

Turbo3 said:
AHr is calculated by the Leaf BMS ECU and read by LeafSpy. It is assumed by LeafSpy to be the AHr rating at a nominal pack voltage of 360 but that voltage can be changed on the Settings/Battery panel. It is the full charge capacity.

SOC is read from the Leaf and is the state of charge of the battery. It is the true state of charge. That is, when you charge to 100% as indicated by the later model year Leaf dash gauge the real SOC will only be around 95%. To protect the battery the BMS never lets it charge to a real 100% level. The dash gauge is adjusted to make the consumer happy and so they don't get calls to explain why charging to 100% does not show 100% on the dash.

SOH is read from the Leaf and relates to the battery capacity bars but not exactly. Starts out around 100% and drops as battery capacity drops.

Hx is read from the Leaf and inversely related to the battery internal resistance and starts around 100% for a new pack. As the pack ages and internal resistance increases and the percentage drops.

AHr and SOC are used by LeafSpy to generate the Wh used and remaining values.

I think most of this is in the Help file. Keep in mind that only the Nissan engineers in Japan know the real meaning of these values. Their meaning has been deduced (by others here on the forum) based on how these values change over time.

Apologize if this is addressed elsewhere, but so many important posts, likely not found in my searches.

I've noticed a subtle difference in the LeafSpy Pro panel after reloading recently - and the first time for my new 2020 SV Plus. The new lower limit on remaining mile calculation is 5% rather than 0%. Is there any available additional miles available below this 5%? Are there any other changes in your explanations of the various output parameters?

Just and observation: The new remaining miles estimates in the dash seem to correlate quite well until about 50-60 miles remaining and then become very conservation - similar to the Gen 1 Leafs estimates. Maybe the "estimate" is based on LBW or VLBW? Having a new range of over 240 miles, it not so critical, but I do like to know the realistic remaining miles when trip planning.
-
-

Marktm said:
Apologize if this is addressed elsewhere, but so many important posts, likely not found in my searches.

I've noticed a subtle difference in the LeafSpy Pro panel after reloading recently - and the first time for my new 2020 SV Plus. The new lower limit on remaining mile calculation is 5% rather than 0%. Is there any available additional miles available below this 5%? Are there any other changes in your explanations of the various output parameters?

Just and observation: The new remaining miles estimates in the dash seem to correlate quite well until about 50-60 miles remaining and then become very conservation - similar to the Gen 1 Leafs estimates. Maybe the "estimate" is based on LBW or VLBW? Having a new range of over 240 miles, it not so critical, but I do like to know the realistic remaining miles when trip planning.
-
-

Must be car specific. Mine is set to one percent and just checked and there is no change. Still one percent.

Hi,

I have problem LSP

I hope someone can help me ;)

I can't find the CSV trip log inside the storage of my phone.
The sync to dropbox was works one time.
Some had the same issues ?

Abdess47 said:
Hi,

I have problem LSP

Its in the log files folder

DaveinOlyWA said:
Abdess47 said:
Hi,

I have problem LSP

thanks for your reply,
but there is no files inside LSP folder.
i don't know why the file don't be written

Abdess47 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Abdess47 said:
Hi,

I have problem LSP

thanks for your reply,

Cause they aint no such thing (on my phone at least)

Open LEAF_BT_CAN
Open LOG_FILES

DaveinOlyWA said:
Abdess47 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

thanks for your reply,

Open LEAF_BT_CAN
Open LOG_FILES

I'm looked too inside this folder too. But there is no files. :roll:

Abdess47 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Abdess47 said:
thanks for your reply,

Open LEAF_BT_CAN
Open LOG_FILES

I'm looked too inside this folder too. But there is no files. :roll:

Ok, we did skip step one. You did enable logging, right?

I didn't skip the prompt message whose talking about directory

I uninstall the app and I had try many times to confirm the good folder.
But nothing work.

The app works on a old android version.
On Android 10, I can get the files.
But on my OnePlus 7 (android 11), the app don't have permission necessary to be writing inside the storage.

I sent a mail to the dev and I get not answer...

Abdess47 said:
But on my OnePlus 7 (android 11), the app don't have permission necessary to be writing inside the storage.

I sent a mail to the dev and I get not answer...

Add the permissions. That is done at the user level. Normally you would get prompts when you enable services that require it. I would remove, delete all traces and reinstall. If that doesn't work, manually add it.

Abdess47 said:

Android 11 changed the location where apps are allowed to write.
The Leafspy Help About screen shows the directory in use.
Mine shows "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.Turbo3.Leaf_Spy_Pro"

The stock Android File Manager doesn't show any folders under data/
I installed "Solid Explorer File Manager" by NeatBytes, which lets me view the Leafspy files.

Can anyone post what the cheapest available ELM 327 scanner is that you’d consider safe to use? Preferably if it can work with iOS, but I have a Samsung tablet I can use.

I’m really only interested in changing some settings and not the data tracking really. Maybe once in a while checking the battery capacity/charge level. But I would likely only use it a few times so want to do this as cheap as possible.

I have a 2022 SV plus if that matters.

Hello and welcome.
New Leaf user/owner here.

I just acquired my firs ever BEV (I had plugins) two days ago.
It's 2016 30kWh Tekna with 76kkm on it.

I used LeafSpy Lite to assess battery condition before making a purchase (I passed on 3 Leafs before making the purchase due to the data shown by the app).

Since I am a software developer and I have testing background I would be interested in helping with development and/or testing.
Any idea how to request joining test / beta program (apart from writing to the author)?

best
LowMan

LowMan said:
Hello and welcome.
New Leaf user/owner here.

I just acquired my firs ever BEV (I had plugins) two days ago.
It's 2016 30kWh Tekna with 76kkm on it.

I used LeafSpy Lite to assess battery condition before making a purchase (I passed on 3 Leafs before making the purchase due to the data shown by the app).

Since I am a software developer and I have testing background I would be interested in helping with development and/or testing.
Any idea how to request joining test / beta program (apart from writing to the author)?

best
LowMan

no

Back