Blink EVSE - EV Project - Minimum Wireless Rates?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baumgrenze

Does anyone know if there are minimum upload and download rates that the Blink will tolerate for wireless communication 'home" to the EV Project?

I can connect my PC (Ethernet hard wired to a wireless router (Netgear MR814v2) with the Blink via the wireless aspect of the router, but the Blink does not attempt to send data or upgrade its software.

Our Earthlink dsl connection here in Palo Alto, home of the famous HP Garage, provides this performance, documented in a speed test on dslreports.com:

Speed Test #99866448 by dslreports.com
Run: 2011-12-06 00:01:12 EST
Download: 742 (Kbps)
Upload: 313 (Kbps)

Is there a chance that this somehow fails to meet the Blink's expectations?

thanks,

baumgrenze

To tie up loose ends, my Blink did not work properly and was replaced. I mentioned connection problems to the Sprig Electric tech sent to do the swap and he called and arranged authorization to install a Valet router and a pair of powerline communication devices, one at my main wireless router and the other at the Valet. We've had no issues since then.

baumgrenze said:
To tie up loose ends, my Blink did not work properly and was replaced. I mentioned connection problems to the Sprig Electric tech sent to do the swap and he called and arranged authorization to install a Valet router and a pair of powerline communication devices, one at my main wireless router and the other at the Valet. We've had no issues since then.

Hardware on top of piles of disjointed hardware to fix bad hardware and worse software. Brilliant. Don't Blink or it will break. Blink thread # 75.

Based on the logs from my hardware firewall and router, it is fairly minimal... I'm seeing about 3K an hour.

baumgrenze said:
Does anyone know if there are minimum upload and download rates that the Blink will tolerate for wireless communication 'home" to the EV Project?

Back