Need Electrician in DFW for Install

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanMan

Does anyone have any contact information for a Electrician in the DFW area that can install a Residential Blink Charger?

Or would anyone recommend getting the Aerovironment Charger instead?

Actually, I would recommend neither (at least for the $$). Do you need install:
1) 220v line
2) just the EVSE (have the "electricity"/breaker/etc)
3) all of the above (starting from scratch)

3) All of the above. I purchased an Orphan LEAF yesterday but have yet to even order the hardware for the charger.

I was leaning towards the Blink charger, but can be swayed as the only things I've really heard regarding the chargers are from the salesmen.

Sent you a PM. I upgraded the Nissan EVSE (to 220v) for the time being. I suspect you'll still need an electrician to install a 220v outlet in your garage.

Read through the forum some more before you do anything. Your best options for an EVSE right now are probably upgrading the L1 EVSE, getting an SPX unit, or getting a $599 AV unit through ebay.

For the install, as Stanton says you can have an electrician run a 240v circuit to your garage (or do it yourself), or you could even use an existing dryer outlet if available. However, what you have your electrician do depends on which EVSE you're getting, so decide that first. The L1 upgrade or SPX unit only requires a 20amp circuit, while the AV or Blink unit requires 40amp or more (even though they can't charge your Leaf any faster). Post more details about your setup and people could help, or just read through the forum and you'll probably find that others have already posted solutions that will work for you.

Back