Blink Mobile App Released

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm one for two. Force closes on my MyTouch4G, runs successfully on my NookColor. It let me log in, but the status screen erroneously shows my home Blink as Charging. In other words, just about the quality of engineering we've come to expect from Blink.

BTW, anyone notice that the Balboa Park chargers show up as four locations instead of two? Each location seems to have one unit (the accessible ones perhaps?) separated out and shown at a distance from the actual spot.

jcesare said:
http://www.blinknetwork.com/mobile.html

Yes! Now we can see the status and location of the one and only working Blink charger in the greater LA area! :)

Hopefully Blink gets their network to grow... I feel like between Plugshare, Chargepoint's app, Blink's app, and Carwings, my phone is starting to become littered with rarely-used applications related to my car...

Oh, right, log in! Since it didn't prompt me, I didn't go looking for it. Login went fine, shows my blink as unplugged, which seems about right (glad to know it's not moonlighting behind my back, like some of you others' seem to be).

This on a Droid Charge running the latest leak of Gingerbread.

davewill said:
BTW, anyone notice that the Balboa Park chargers show up as four locations instead of two? Each location seems to have one unit (the accessible ones perhaps?) separated out and shown at a distance from the actual spot.
One of the locations shows 6 chargers--the location that seems to not make sense (from what I've read elsewhere, haven't been to Balboa since the install, but sure would've made use of some at Petco a few times!).

davewill said:

I think it's split between the handicap spaces and regular spaces. In Pan America Plaza there are 7, 6 regular and 1 handicap. The 2 pins on the map show 6 and 1. The ones by the science center are similarly grouped into the 2 regular and 1 handicap space. It would be nice if the app actually provided the location detail info it says it can, like indicating that the space is for handicap parking. Also, the handicap space in Pan America Plaza is labeled as "City of San Dielgo". With all of what, 30 or so public BLINK EVSE's in the whole country you'd think they could get the spelling correct. You're right about the location being way off too.

lonndoggie said:
davewill said:
One of the locations shows 6 chargers--the location that seems to not make sense (from what I've read elsewhere, haven't been to Balboa since the install, but sure would've made use of some at Petco a few times!).
Yeah, all seven should be shown at the Muni Gym. I used the app to send Blink support a note on the subject. Seemed to work OK, but it's a shame they didn't include comment button tied to the location. I had to write out an explanation of which chargers I meant instead of being able to have the app identify them exactly.

I downloaded it and I'm still reading the end user license agreement. I should be trying it out later today or tomorrow :lol: Looking to see if I can sue for the headache it's giving me.

I reported the log-in bug this morning, and they fixed it. Good job guys!
Now iOS device log-in works as well. Hopefully plug in status will also work

Fabio said:
... and login doesn't work :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back