Blink Map Now Live!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkStar said:
Let's see what we can find!
derekjsmith said:
Wow Blink has been busy :(

As best as I can tell, Blink has installed 18 charging stations in the US so far. I guess since Ecotality was slow in including the SF Bay area in the DOE EV Project, I didn't see any close to this area. However, they managed to locate one in Napa Wine country. Perhaps different priority - appealing to wine lovers instead of EV lovers.

What's especially odd is that there are Blink chargers in San Diego (not lots, mind you) that are not on the map. I'm having a hard time understanding why we can't get an accurate map from any source. You'd think that Blink would at least know where it's own chargers are?? :roll:

Something creepy here!!!!!! I have the Blink network open on my Mac Desktop and on my iPad (I used the same link from this thread). I'm looking at Monti's Chargers in Tempe and the Google Image of the chargers is different. One image has an ICE parked in the EV spot and the other image on my iPad shows the space vacant. Some employees cars are parked in the same spots under shade trees. I've charged at Monti's and know where the chargers are. I just cant explain why the arial image is different using the same link but on a different device.....

Explanations ??????

OK, Never Mind...... :oops: Photo sequence to establish 90 Degree Rotation View took a few overhead passes.

JCBNJB said:
What's especially odd is that there are Blink chargers in San Diego (not lots, mind you) that are not on the map. I'm having a hard time understanding why we can't get an accurate map from any source. You'd think that Blink would at least know where it's own chargers are?? :roll:

I agree. Blink installs 10 chargers in Balboa Park, holds a press event heralding them, and they're not even on the map?? C'mon, Blink, you can do better than that! :roll:

(methinks there are too many subcontractors in the Blink kitchen trying to cook!)

Here in Seattle, we have 4 locations live with more coming soon. The problem is that the map shows the physical location of two of the spots as being quite far from the real address. The map has the correct physical address listed but it shows the icon in the wrong place. I've notified Ecotality.

I see they don't list the granddaddy of Blink installs, the consumer units at Torrey Pines. I wonder if those will ever come on line, as they aren't "commercial" units--maybe the Lodge had Blink install them outside the EV Project?

Also, there was an event in Laguna Beach a week or so ago, too--where are those?

There's just not that much data to enter...yet. And with as little as there is, you'd think (or I'd think) you get it all entered before you had the map go live.

Well, the Balboa Park units appeared...sort of. It is listed as 1 available, and worse, you have to click on the Los Angeles icon to get it. Searching seems totally broken. Entering zip codes (even the zip of the actual station) just gets you no charging stations found, and entering an address takes you to that address with no indication of the closest stations despite them being well within EV range.

Edit: I guess you can just keep zooming out until a station appears, but that seems clumsy.

Gonewild said:
Well does anyone other then Skywagon have an RFID to use the Blink public chargers?
The people like me who got one at the Balboa Park event do, and a smattering of people have reported receiving cards in the mail. That's it.

richard said:
lonndoggie said:
Also, there was an event in Laguna Beach a week or so ago, too--where are those?

Those are Coulomb units. They appear in the Chargepoint map.
D'oh! Sure 'nuff.

Wish they'd expand what they have in San Diego, too. Of the three they show, two are unavailable or new, the other is a nice perk for Qualcommers.

Back