Longer cord?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel2218

Hello all,

Does anyone know if a longer cord is possible? We had to put the charger outside and it’s a bit of stretch where it is.

YMMV but with a good (#12) cord you should have no problem. I would suggest asking other very technical/knowledgeable people like Ingineer (in my opinion a reliable expert, on vacation as I understand it at the moment, check other postings)

Yes, I think longer runs dictate thicker wire. For instance, #12 may be OK for 15 feet, but if you want 50 feet you may want to go with #10.

Does Blink make a longer cord with charging connector on it or would I have to find the cord and try and re-attach the connector to the new cord?

Oh, I think we assumed you were talking about an extension cord for the mobile adapter (standard 120V widely available), or wiring going from the house before the "blink".
I suppose a J1772 extension cord is possible (although it would be very expensive), but I haven't seen such a thing offered for sale (yet).

You could make one with parts from here:
http://www.tucsonev.com/

The answer is yes. There are 25ft J1772 cables available, but you won't like the prices. Not mention the fact that the Blink isn't ours to mod, yet. I'd probably build a pedestal and move the Blink before I'd replace the cable.

Back