Blink Website SNAFU

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcesare

Looks like the Blink web site is forcing you to change to a strong password. It keeps looping to the same "Change Password" screen after I change the password. I've tried clearing my cookies, password cache, etc. but nothing seems to clear the fact that I'm logged in with my old password. Anyone know the customer support phone#. I can't get to any porton of their web site, including the main home page. I can't even get to the button that logs me off. The "Change Password" screen blocks everything.

it has been down since yesterday, when it would not let me log in.
I asked for password email, got it, and it still refuses to let me log in.

Hrm...I changed my pwd and got in. Maybe they just fixed it.

EDIT: Off topic, but...have you looked at your charge history on the Blink network site? The charge times for mine are random. Not just shifted by an hour (consistently), but all over the map. They're looking into it, which makes me think it's not a common problem.

lonndoggie said:

Nope. Still broke for me.

I placed a call to CS. (I found their number in an old email)
If you are having problems, please call CS. It might "motivate" them to fix the problem.
(888)998-2546

I had to do some "creative" hacking to get my password fixed.

If you're technical, you can do this using Chrome or Firefox with Firebug.

1. Clear any cookies you may have set for blinknetwork.com if it thinks you are logged in.
2. Reset password.
3. Click on reset password link - it still still pop up the "your password is weak" dialog, but you will see the "choose new password" entry under it.
4. Using Firebug or Chrome's developer tools, just delete the HTML divs that show the dialog. I usually narrow it down by using the inspect tools and just start deleting divs until it's gone. If you mess up - just refresh the page.
5. Once the dialog is gone, you can enter a new password. Make sure the new one has at least 8 characters - they seem to be triggering the "weak" password stuff off the password length.

My Blink was on the blink yesterday...it kept telling me "Please wait..." and would not respond to any touch on the screen. The Owner's Manual states that this is the usual message immediately after an update. This lasted most of the day so I called CS and it was fixed with an "unplug/plug" sequence. I told the rep that the Blink did not consistently record my charging statistics that I access from Blinknetwork.com. The CS response was that it is a known problem that they are working on.

My account is locked out with the 'new password' screen. I called CS, even THEY couldn't get in....I was on hold about 20 minutes before being told "We're working on it, can we call you back?"

I told CS that their programmers/programming contractor weren't viewed upon as 'the best in the business' by others. She agreed. :lol:

There's a lot more bugs than with the password change dialog. Wrote them up and sent an email to support.

lonndoggie said:
+1. I went to the site for the first time in awhile and got the change password screen, did it, and got access immediately, even though it said my password was still a bit weak (even at 10 characters and alphanumeric!)
EDIT: Off topic, but...have you looked at your charge history on the Blink network site?
Where do you find those on the site? I can't find any charge history at all--just a bunch of useless info and graphs about how much oil/CO2/money I have saved. When I click on "My reports" I get nothing. Where do they keep your charging history?

TT

I haven't been able to sign in because it says I have the wrong password. I went to the "forgot my password" link, filled in the email address, and...nothing. It says it sent an email with a new password, but nothing on my end.

drees said:
ttweed said:
Where do they keep your charging history?
Click on "My Chargers" -> "manage" -> "Charges"
Thanks, Dave! And I was expecting to find it under "My Reports." :roll:

The terminology is a little confusing and it seems to have a lot more info than necessary--why have "Plug-in Events," "Charge Events," as well as "Power Events?" Then there are "Power Flow" tables for events where no power flowed??? What's the point? Do we really need all that? All I really want to know is when the electricity when into the car and how much.

All my data seems to be on Eastern time as well (3 hours later). Can I change that? Is that one of the "time reporting issues" Blink support talked about?

Thx,
TT

ttweed said:
Thanks, Dave! And I was expecting to find it under "My Reports." :roll:

The terminology is a little confusing and it seems to have a lot more info than necessary--why have "Plug-in Events," "Charge Events," as well as "Power Events?" Then there are "Power Flow" tables for events where no power flowed??? What's the point? Do we really need all that? All I really want to know is when the electricity when into the car and how much...
Double thanks. I really wanted this data, although it's not all it could be. I figure I'll try to copy and paste it into a spreadsheet or something. It would be nice if they had an export that would give all the data at once. I figure they have separate plug-in vs. charge events so that the study can see whether people are using the car's timers or not.

ttweed said:
The terminology is a little confusing and it seems to have a lot more info than necessary--why have "Plug-in Events," "Charge Events," as well as "Power Events?"
Well, I get most of that. I plug-in well ahead of the charge, so it's good that they log each status change item. If there's a plug in event but no charge, then that's good to know, from a diagnostic point of view. The power flow events are interesting, if you click on the "power flow" link--it shows how, through the charge time, the LEAF/Blink are going through multiple smaller charge cycles to manage the battery. Neat--and I'm glad they didn't clutter the main listing any more by having all that detail within it, but rather linked to it.
ttweed said:
Then there are "Power Flow" tables for events where no power flowed??? What's the point? Do we really need all that? All I really want to know is when the electricity when into the car and how much.
Maybe we don't need that, but I think that's an artifact of how plugin works with the car managing the charge time. When I plug in, the Blink goes to "charging" for a second or two, then turns off. I think those zero-flows are for that. It would be good if you could filter those out.
ttweed said:
All my data seems to be on Eastern time as well (3 hours later). Can I change that? Is that one of the "time reporting issues" Blink support talked about?
That would be an improvement. 100% of my charges have started at midnight; here's what the Blink network reports, and why I have an active trouble ticket open with them:

1:02 AM, 2:38 AM, 8:46 PM, 1:05 AM, 9:46 PM, 12:03 AM, 12:04 AM, 8:41 PM, 8:33 PM, 11:19 PM

you can pick the time zone in MY PROFILE.

If you call Blink CS, they will get you past the password glitch. it took two minutes.

Blink Support
[email protected]
888-998-2546

And those folks trained to sound as if they are native American speakers are in Michigan.

thankyouOB said:
So you can, but it doesn't have any effect on the charge event reporting. Mine was set to Pacific all along, but the data is consistently 3 hrs ahead.

davewill said:
thankyouOB said:
So you can, but it doesn't have any effect on the charge event reporting. Mine was set to Pacific all along, but the data is consistently 3 hrs ahead.

I just asked them to let me know the time zone. we are going to chat on Monday after a weekend where I can notate my plug in times and charging times, and compare.
I cant make sense out of what I see on there.
I plug in after work from 530-730 pretty much daily and charging starts at 8:10 p.m. set in the Leaf to correspond to base rates.

I think the plug-in and charging times may be east coast, and also affected as the Blink turns on for 5 seconds when I plug in, but then shuts off when the car refuses the power, cause the timer says wait.

Hrm...

So looking more closely at these numbers, the non-zero power-flow events all start within 1 minute of 3AM. Or, 3 hours later than the actual start time. So there's some consistency there.

davewill, yours show start times of 3 hours before the actual start? Is that for the charge event, or the non-zero power flow?

The charge start times are within a minute or two of the plug-in start times, which, far as I can figure, don't bear a consistent delta to the actual plug-in time, but I could be wrong. The end of charge times seem to make no sense whatsoever.

Back