Cannot stop charging manually on Blink Rev 16.a

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Volusiano

Lately, more often than not, when I try to manually stop charging on the Blink (rev 16.a), it spins its wheel with a "Processing Request" message for a while and came back with the following error: "System Error: The EVSE could not process you request. Return code: 6, EVSE Error: 12, Touch here to restart screen". If I restarted the screen and tried to stop charging manually again, the same error message occurs. Basically I have to power cycle the Blink station to get it working again.

Other times, the Blink would be in the Ready to Plug In mode, I'd plug in, but nothing happens. Usually you can hear the Leaf clicking, followed by loud clunks from the Blink (relay switching), and the Charging message starts appearing. But this time nothing. I tried to cancel the Leaf timer for an immediate charge, but the Blink wouldn't budge in this mode either. Nothing until I power cycle the Blink again.

Anybody encounters either of these situations?

Are you setting the Blink timer? People have said that it doesn't work very well if you do that. I just set my LEAF (CarWings) for 80% charging from 11AM-11AM and so far it has worked every time. However, I never receive any 'charging completed' texts from CarWings or Blink. Someone thought maybe it is because it's only 80%. I wish they would fix this glitch.

I'm not setting any timer on my Blink at all. The timer is set on my Leaf.

Regardless of whether a timer is set on the Blink or not, if it's in the middle of charging, and gives you the option to stop charging, then it should stop charging when you ask it to stop charging.

It doesn't fail every time I ask it to stop charging. Maybe 50/50, or maybe more often than not.

I find it annoying that since 16.a, I've had to power cycle the Blink more often than when it was at 15.a.

Back