New Firmware: L2R.1.6A, reset breaker if Leaf not charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehuna

I came back from work today and attempted to charge my Leaf - nothing happened, the Blink screen showed "Not Charging".

I had no timers set up on the Blink.
I unplugged and plugged the Blink's charging cable into the Leaf a couple of times - no luck.
Even though I charge every day at that time, I turned off the timers on the Leaf - it did not help.
I tried "immediate" charging - it did not help.

Finally, tried resetting the breaker - at first nothing happened, after the Blink rebooted, I saw "Not Charging" like before. After a few minutes, all of a sudden I saw "Charging Pending", and 5 minutes later the charging started!

The only thing that has changed is that I see the Blink firmware was now upgraded to L2R.1.6A - I can't be 100% sure that this is what caused the charging headaches, but just thought I'd mention it here if anyone ran into the same problem.

The Blink is supposed to automatically reset after applying the new firmware... I had this same issue with the previous firmware update. You should be all set now.

DarkStar said:
The Blink is supposed to automatically reset after applying the new firmware... I had this same issue with the previous firmware update. You should be all set now.

Perhaps this explains some of my "mystery" resets. These aren't automatic ... but occur instead when I'm fiddling with the wireless connection settings (boom! reboot ...). Now if I only had a car to charge.

I was at L2R.1.6A as well and tried charging tonight for the first time. I tried setting timer on both Blink and Leaf and not timing anything. Absolutely nothing multiple times until I read this thread. Flipped breakers and now she's charging ahead. My thanks for this thread. I'm puzzled so far on the vagaries of "immediate charging" and timers for both car and EVSE. Guess I'll do more homework or call the dealer. There should be more clarity, IMHO, in the manuals and DVD. Fine for us early adopters, but when you go ubiquitous with home chargers, there could be lots of confused consumers. *Hopping off soapbox*

Back