Anyone has a RFID card from Blink?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenleaf

Anyone has a RFID card from Blink? I requested one online on 4/29 and it is stuck at "Your request will be handled as soon as possible".

The answer to my email requesting for an update is met with a "request was being looked into" reply.

After almost one month, they are just "looking into my request". It sounds like they are far from ready to send out any RFID cards.

I ordered one around the same time, and still haven't gotten it yet either.
It seems they are way behind on the public infrastructure roll-out.

It seems they are focusing their attention on trying to catch up on the home EVSE's first which makes sense.

I hope they put out some L3/CHAdeMOs in the SF bay area soon,.

If I understand correctly, the slow rollout of home EVSEs in the SF bay area is because of the limited number of contractors they have. Other regions are doing better. I believe this situation has improved as they have a larger pool of contractors now.

IMO, the issue of RFID cards should not be dependent on the installers' availability.

greenleaf said:
IMO, the issue of RFID cards should not be dependent on the installers' availability.

My guess it is a matter of administrative logistics. Yes, probably not related to availability of installers or electricians, but rather pushing paperwork, permits, finding locations and such. I suspect the planning department if focusing on home installs, and they don't see the need to offer RFIDs until they have some public infrastructure roll-out underway where people will use them. In other words, if you had an RFID tag now, where would you use it?

It would be nice if Blink and ChargePoint could learn to share and get along, and use the SAME access RFID card, though perhaps different (but redundant) billing billing systems.

Our competition to make money for a few creates jobs perhaps, but is also a HUGE waste of resources. Eventually (I know, not this year), our system will die, for lack of high-tech resources.

Me neither. In ECTY stock-related news, this steaming turd came out today:

“The $4.3 million in revenue in the first quarter reflects a stable increase in revenue that is a result of fulfilling our DOE contract and ramping up installations of Blink EV [electric vehicle] charging stations,” stated Jonathan Read, President and CEO of ECOtality. “As we expand our relationships with commercial and retail partners, such as Macy’s, Best Buy and Jones Lang LaSalle, and capitalize on our established strategic relationships with companies such as ABB and Cisco, we are well-positioned to hit our key operational milestones and install approximately 14,000 Blink chargers in 2011 for The EV Project. (underline mine)

ECTY stock up 6% on those words. Utter BS, if you ask me. They can't even get an RFID card out in a timely manner. :evil:

Of course they're not sending out RFID cards... if they did, I would hang it around my neck and use it to taunt them at the Encinitas Electric Drive event tonight!

"Hey ECOtality, where do I use THIS card?"

That, and the one charging dock they did install doesn't use the card -- it's a residential Blink.

I thought I remebered that one of our Arizona members was able to get an "advance" RFID from ECO because of that public Blink EVSE that was by the restaurant? He posted photos of it and his RFID, if I remember....So while they're not actively sending them out, at least we got to see what they look like and what the packaging looks like...

Randy

Randy said:
So while they're not actively sending them out, at least we got to see what they look like and what the packaging looks like...
Well, packaging is sort of in line with a press release, and they're demonstrably very good at getting THOSE out in a timely manner. ;)

Yep, that was me with the card... being the first install in AZ, and dealing with the press/etc., has its benefits:

5671158915_b19cc0f3c6_b.jpg

I am in that area weekly and have been using the first chargers quite often:

5671724950_ae11b8fcc3_b.jpg

There will be a roll-out of cards once more public installs occur.

And TEG has it correct... the only reason the set of chargers I have been using are installed is Michael Monti wanted to be first. He was a supporter of the Impact program and subsequent EV1 program. He had two of the few inductive paddle charging stations other than at a shopping mall, utility office, or city building in the Phoenix area. The infrastructure was already there to support them and the inductive units were removed to install the Blink ones. Ecotality used that install for training purposes, etc. and has been also doing testing there. Issuing me a card was also to aid in testing those chargers and the CDMA card validation system.

I requested an RFID on 5/3/11, but still have not received it. Have a home L2 charger, but still waiting on the 2nd Meter from SCE.

Anyone else received an RFID lately?

They are holding an unveiling event for the first public Blink station in Oregon on Tues. Seems like this might be an event to trigger them to ship the cards. I hope I get mine on Monday (but not holding my breathe) since I plan to go check it out.

Here's the message I received from the Blink website: "Thank You!

We have received your request and your card will be mailed to you."

Skywagon said:
And TEG has it correct... the only reason the set of chargers I have been using are installed is Michael Monti wanted to be first. He was a supporter of the Impact program and subsequent EV1 program.
Skywagon, do people have to eat at Monti's in order to be able to use these charge stations? Not that anyone other than you has had a Blink RFID card issued to them yet.

Received a Blink RFID card over the weekend with the request that we sign up online to join their member network. We don't recall requesting a membership ID card though... From their website it's not clear what being a member fully entails, how much it costs, etc. :?:

Solr4us said:
Received a Blink RFID card over the weekend with the request that we sign up online to join their member network. We don't recall requesting a membership ID card though... From their website it's not clear what being a member fully entails, how much it costs, etc. :?:
No cost, just have to give them name, address, email, etc... Later on, if you want to use Blink stations that charge for a charge, you'll presumably have to give them a credit card, but they aren't asking right now. I find it more interesting that you didn't request the RFID. I take it you don't have a Blink at home, either, since they would have signed you up at that time. Could they be sending them to every LEAF owner?

Back