New Firmware Pushed : L2R.1.6A

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skywagon

There is a new firmware version being pushed out, 1.6A.

The main differences:

A new setting for Display: adjust brightness and/or set a display turn off time... no more garage night lights.
A new Location setting, US or Australia... no use to us
Under Device Info it has a new CDMA Active display... yes, all Blinks have CDMA cards in them.
There is also a Last Network Transmission display with the last method used in brackets ([WIFI])

The display timeout works well and touching the display turns it back on immediately.

I am sure there are some fixes included as well; mine does seem a little more responsive between tabbed screens... but I may be wrong...

Skywagon said:
There is a new firmware version being pushed out, 1.6A.

The main differences:

A new setting for Display: adjust brightness and/or set a display turn off time... no more garage night lights.
A new Location setting, US or Australia... no use to us
Under Device Info it has a new CDMA Active display... yes, all Blinks have CDMA cards in them.
There is also a Last Network Transmission display with the last method used in brackets ([WIFI])

The display timeout works well and touching the display turns it back on immediately.

I am sure there are some fixes included as well; mine does seem a little more responsive between tabbed screens... but I may be wrong...
Thanks for the heads up SW. Display features also work fine on mine... all I was really hoping for anyway. It's now set at 10% brightness with a 3 min shut off.

Malcolm :geek:

I received the software okay last night as well...

It also appears to have a fix for the clock, so that the correct time is now shown when browsing the Blink from a PC on the network, and the rates data entry screens seem to be improved (it's been awhile since I looked at them so maybe they were like that for awhile).

The firmware version now has more information for us to figure out: L2R.1.6A, 035A, 1.10

I set the brightness and timeone on the screen, and it seems to be working...

Hello Blinkers,
My blink was updated at 9:55 PM last night. Haven't looked through it yet but it still flashes between the two screens and won't charge my car. Headed to my PD today.

wsbca said:
Hopefully Jimmy or another TEDer can give us some info on whether the screen saver reduces the vampire load.

According to my TED, the load didn't change much....from 16 to 15 watts on standby after the display turns off, but I seem to recall standby jumping between 15 and 16 watts before the new update.....so I'm going to say no appreciable reduction in power at all. :?

And FWIW, if you access your BLINK via the INTRANET, the new settings for screen dislplay, etc. aren't there. You have to physically be at the BLINK unit. Once again, sophomoric-level programming. :oops:

wsbca said:
Hopefully Jimmy or another TEDer can give us some info on whether the screen saver reduces the vampire load.
It should reduce it some especially if it completely powers down the display electronics.

Thanks for this option, its about time!

The clock/timer settings for my Blink STILL don't match the ones on the front panel.
Can you confirm that this is really fixed?
I'm looking at 10:59AM (intranet) when it's 9:59AM (front panel).

I do have the new firmware with the dimming options.

Curiously, the firmware version over intranet is L2R.1.6A, while it has more information on the front-panel, like CDMA status. It really seems like the wrote two different UIs for this thing, which only partly overlap. Yay for code leverage.

With aggressive dimming (10%) and a one-minute timeout, it does use less power:
backlight-works.png

Call it 10.2W down from 12.5W average. Feel free to get excited.

I just received my BLINK Charging Station Today - Installers had an easy time hanging it just a few feet from the sub-panel.
After the installers lef, the Firmware Updating seemed to take forever (more than 1 hour), then the unit was stuck in "Update Complete. Restarting Unit" mode !?! so I called BLINK Support - She had me unplug the unit, wait 5 minutes, and plug it back in - It came back with "Your Firmware is being Updated." (I think it always checks when power is restored) and in a few seconds later, It prompted me to go through all the same initial settings (Network Security, Timezone, Time, etc...) all over again. It's up and working now.

I asked BLINK Support what the standby power usage was and she e-mailed that it is 49.14 Watts (I suspect they are using the rated power, not actual usage) . I'm glad to read on the Forum that it has been measured at between 12 to 16 Watts. Using Screen Timeout mode might not save a lot of standby power, but it will likely prolong the life and quality of the display.

I just now turned my Blink off, then on, at the circuit breaker in order to (apparently) nudge it into downloading the new L2R.1.6A,035A,,1.10 firmware to replace the L2R.1.5A firmware.

My Blink unit is now reading about 10 watts in standby, down from 15-16. I guess the new software does have a better 'sleep' mode!!! :mrgreen:

GroundLoop said:
The clock/timer settings for my Blink STILL don't match the ones on the front panel.

Curiously, the firmware version over intranet is L2R.1.6A, while it has more information on the front-panel, like CDMA status. It really seems like the wrote two different UIs for this thing, which only partly overlap. Yay for code leverage.

The hour difference between in person at the screen and connecting through the browser is fixed for me. Under the "Device Info" menu choice and the "Date & Time" option, there is a choice called "Auto Adjust for Daylight Savings Time". Is that set to "Yes" for you? It is for me....

Randy

Randy said:
GroundLoop said:

The hour difference between in person at the screen and connecting through the browser is fixed for me. Under the "Device Info" menu choice and the "Date & Time" option, there is a choice called "Auto Adjust for Daylight Savings Time". Is that set to "Yes" for you? It is for me....

Randy

the previous time error, according to the Blink tech who talked to me last week and told me 1.6 was coming, is due to the Blink reading the time from their tech HQ in Arizona. They have fixed that and you are now able to coordinate your intranet with your Blink and get both to real time.
I dunno am on auto time and auto dst and it WORKS.

Back