DarkStar
Delivery Date: 25 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 568

Re: Is it OK to turn off Blink if you don't use it?

Mon May 16, 2011 1:25 pm

GroundLoop wrote:It could be that the Blink is not including the power that it consumes itself.. closing the relay, lighting the garage, and running the intense software algorithms to compute the date and time..
Inside of the Blink, I noticed that the electrical service first runs through the meter, even before going to the Blink PSU (power supply unit). So, they are keeping track of the parasitic use of the Blink electronics... Blink is probably subtracting that before displaying the "use" to the customer and I bet there are some errors in that process (maybe subtracting too much?)...
Mikiko (2011 Nissan LEAF ETEC) Status:
Reserved: 04/20/10 | Ordered: 10/01/10 | EV Project Blink Installed: 03/22/11 | Delivered: 03/25/11 | VIN: 568

Oregon Electric Vehicle Association | Electric Auto Association

RickS
Delivery Date: 11 Jun 2013

Re: Is it OK to turn off Blink if you don't use it?

Sun May 29, 2011 6:28 pm

I did the same, my Blink was installed a few weeks ahead of the car so I unplugged it. I received an email from them saying it was important that the charger be on at all times. Not sure if it was related or not, but all well.

Conveniently the outlet they installed worked for my welder in the mean time. :D
leafbatteriescanttaketheheat.com/

Return to “Blink”