syntaxerror

EV Project/Blink Installs

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:20 pm

http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/letters/ ... 03286.html

I'm not sure that the home Blinks are working as well as he protrays but he is right on with respect to the public installations.

Glenn
Delivery Date: 02 Jul 2011

Re: EV Project/Blink Installs

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:33 pm

syntaxerror wrote:http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/letters/ ... 03286.html

I'm not sure that the home Blinks are working as well as he protrays but he is right on with respect to the public installations.
Here's one "negative" article I wouldn't mind seeing get some wide(r)spread publication. I know we've wished reporters would back off giving NIssan a hard time in the public eye, but I think Ecotality needs a wake-up with regard to their lack of providing any public infrastructure. I aware of the argument about not enough cars on the road yet; however $100+M is $100+M and we need to know what we're getting for that and when we're going to get it.

Glenn

Jimmydreams
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0175

Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Great article and asks all the right questions.

The first comment was a bit of a 'Debbie-Downer', though! I posted my reply, so hopefully readers will get a more realistic idea of what the story relates to.
JimmyD
http://www.jjhamilton.com/solar
Blue SL Leaf delivered 1/7/2011
EVP participant. EVSE: Blink
6.75kW PV solar

MikeD
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 592

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:19 pm

I personally witnessed two Blink Level 2 charging stations (physically identical to residential, but using different firmware) installed in the downtown Chattanooga DoubleTree Hotel's parking lot on St. Patrick's Day. So Blink Level 2's are being installed.

My understanding is that charging stations can only be installed after being UL listed. The first two of Blink's level 2 charging stations (Models WE-30C, WE-30K -- W for Wall installation?) only became UL certified on Dec 30, 2011. A third level 2 charging station (Model PE-30K -- P for Pedestal installation?) only became UL certified on Mar 29, 2011.

No Blink level 3 charging station is currently UL certified, so don't expect to see any installed until that happens...

thankyouOB
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1442

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:34 pm

If people are so concerned about whether Blink is doing its job and the pace of its roll out for public chargers, why not just call them, instead of posting innuendo on this website?

Even more surprising is why this VOICEOFSANDIEGO website prints this half-baked article on Ecotality and neither the website editorial staff nor the author makes any attempt to quote Ecotality or find out what is happening with their roll out of public stations. Do they just print anything?

Valerie Lecesse, the LA regional chief, is very approachable and answers her own phone. The corporate offices are on the Embarcadero in SF. The phone number is on their website.

My experience with them has been very good. I had an issue with the price of the installation. It was resolved. I had some concerns about the wireless connectivity of the product at my house. The company took steps to fix that.

There are about 200 Leafs in all of California. Maybe the roll out of public stations is less of a priority until more are on the road.
You don't know anything until you ask.
may reserve/delivery 4/30/11
--
ECOtality/LADWP/ Blink 4/4/11
--
Gardena Nissan, msrp -1k
red SL with etec L3
SOLAR POWERED since 2008

ENIAC
Delivery Date: 13 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 224

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:50 pm

MikeD wrote:I personally witnessed two Blink Level 2 charging stations (physically identical to residential, but using different firmware) installed in the downtown Chattanooga DoubleTree Hotel's parking lot on St. Patrick's Day. So Blink Level 2's are being installed.
Well that's two down and 13,998 Level 2 and 400 DC Fast Chargers to go! Do ya think they'll make it by summer?
MikeD wrote:My understanding is that charging stations can only be installed after being UL listed. The first two of Blink's level 2 charging stations (Models WE-30C, WE-30K -- W for Wall installation?) only became UL certified on Dec 30, 2011. A third level 2 charging station (Model PE-30K -- P for Pedestal installation?) only became UL certified on Mar 29, 2011.
Wait a second. The fact that the Blink took so long to get UL listed is not an excuse but is yet another Ecotality failure. Ecotality screwed up the UL process because they were naive. Prior to the Blink, there were other EVSE's already UL listed. Ecotality weren't blazing any new trails there. Also, Ecotality could have been pulling permits for the circuits, having their contractors stubbing out the circuits, etc all in anticipation of having the Blink EVSE UL listed, but they didn't. So at the end of the day they have two public EVSE's to show for their efforts. It's time to shut the EV Project contract down and rebid it.
Myths And Facts About Electric Cars

"The ice doesn't care"
-- WetEV

thankyouOB
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1442

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:51 pm

ENIAC wrote:
MikeD wrote:I personally witnessed two Blink Level 2 charging stations (physically identical to residential, but using different firmware) installed in the downtown Chattanooga DoubleTree Hotel's parking lot on St. Patrick's Day. So Blink Level 2's are being installed.
Well that's two down and 13,998 Level 2 and 400 DC Fast Chargers to go! Do ya think they'll make it by summer?
MikeD wrote:My understanding is that charging stations can only be installed after being UL listed. The first two of Blink's level 2 charging stations (Models WE-30C, WE-30K -- W for Wall installation?) only became UL certified on Dec 30, 2011. A third level 2 charging station (Model PE-30K -- P for Pedestal installation?) only became UL certified on Mar 29, 2011.
Wait a second. The fact that the Blink took so long to get UL listed is not an excuse but is yet another Ecotality failure. Ecotality screwed up the UL process because they were naive. Prior to the Blink, there were other EVSE's already UL listed. Ecotality weren't blazing any new trails there. Also, Ecotality could have been pulling permits for the circuits, having their contractors stubbing out the circuits, etc all in anticipation of having the Blink EVSE UL listed, but they didn't. So at the end of the day they have two public EVSE's to show for their efforts. It's time to shut the EV Project contract down and rebid it.
ridiculous conclusion lacking any factual support about what happened.

ENIAC

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:53 pm

thankyouOB wrote:If people are so concerned about whether Blink is doing its job and the pace of its roll out for public chargers, why not just call them, instead of posting innuendo on this website?
Innuendo? the EV Project is a DoE contract. It's on the web for crying out loud. http://www.theevproject.com

"The ice doesn't care"
-- WetEV

evnow
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:54 pm

thankyouOB wrote:Even more surprising is why this VOICEOFSANDIEGO website prints this half-baked article on Ecotality and neither the website editorial staff nor the author makes any attempt to quote Ecotality or find out what is happening with their roll out of public stations.
Yes - poor "journalism" - if you can call it that.
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

ENIAC

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:55 pm

thankyouOB wrote:ridiculous conclusion lacking any factual support about what happened.
Please enlighten us.

"The ice doesn't care"
-- WetEV

Return to “Blink”