New Firmware Pushed : L2R.1.4A

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkStar

FYI, new firmware released today: L2R.1.4A

Item: 1
Ticket Number: Says "Charging Now" while not charging.
Issue: The Blink will now say "Not charging." If the vehicle is not requesting power. (Coherence #6776)

I got mine about 10:00:00 am this morning. Since the 3A and 4A updates, the only noticable difference for me (my LEAF arrives in a week or so) is the WiFi access to the charger is infinitely faster. I can access and navigate the menus much quicker than before.

Connected cable, it first said "Not charging" and then "Charging". So, looks like the fixed the charging message issue.

To me now the only issue still to be fixed is the screen not going to sleep mode when not working ...

Update : Checked BlinkNetwork.com. For April, the numbers are being currently reported as well. So, that has been fixed too.

Just plugged in my Leaf to the Blink. The timer is set in the Leaf for after midnight.

The end result worked okay: A gold-colored "Not Charging" screen is showing (after the car-Blink gyrations). It's not pretty to get that that point, though. A couple of white screens, now charging, not charging messages...But it correctly settles out....Too bad it can't just wait for a few seconds for the gyrations to settle down and then display a message...

But, hey, it works.....

evnow said:
Yes - some 6 hrs 23 mnts back.

Where did you get the fix list ?
I've been emailing Blink about mine dropping wifi connectivity and the first thing they said is that I need to get the new update. So I asked if they had release notes that could be forwarded to me and that's what they sent...

Right now I'm fighting with this thing to keep it connected... I temporarily ran an ethernet cable to the unit and even that is connecting, then dropping out... Oh boy!

DarkStar said:
I've been emailing Blink about mine dropping wifi connectivity and the first thing they said is that I need to get the new update. So I asked if they had release notes that could be forwarded to me and that's what they sent...
What else is in the list ?

Ecotality should post this on their site - just like every computer software/hardware company does. These guys are really new to the consumer area ...

evnow said:
DarkStar said:
What else is in the list ?

Ecotality should post this on their site - just like every computer software/hardware company does. These guys are really new to the consumer area ...
That was the whole thing... It does seem a little lacking though based on what others are reporting. :roll:

Mine picked up the new version too; is anyone else seeing the clock off by 1 hour? Settings show the right TZ and DST setting but the click is one hour ahead, showing 9:08 instead of 8:08.

Well, I've figured out that connected over ethernet I can access the Intranet page without any issues, however the Blink refuses to connect to the Blink Network to even check for a firmware update. I've asked the Blink support crew to just email me the update or let me know where I can download it from so I can just apply it myself...

I get the feeling though that they'll tell me they can't do that and require a service call to manually swap out the SD card with the latest firmware... Hopefully they don't expect me to be home while they do that (since it's an outdoor install)...

DarkStar said:
Well, I've figured out that connected over ethernet I can access the Intranet page without any issues, however the Blink refuses to connect to the Blink Network to even check for a firmware update. I've asked the Blink support crew to just email me the update or let me know where I can download it from so I can just apply it myself...

I get the feeling though that they'll tell me they can't do that and require a service call to manually swap out the SD card with the latest firmware... Hopefully they don't expect me to be home while they do that (since it's an outdoor install)...

Mine is still on 2A. I wrote the service desk tonight in the hopes that they can force an update or send me the file.

I got the 4A update around 11:45am CDT.

It still has the time 1 hour fast when viewed via a web connection.

Looking at the System Log, it is going out to my DHCP server about every 44 - 104 seconds to renew the lease.

On my DHCP server logs, this behavior started at 9:28pm CDT.

The 'Network Connected' 'on Settings > Device Info reads NO.

The log is like Groundhog Day. This over and over again.

Apr 7 03:49:27 evse2 user.notice core.out: Lease of 192.168.0.177 obtained, lease time 86400
Apr 7 03:49:27 evse2 user.notice core.out: Sending select for 192.168.0.177...
Apr 7 03:49:27 evse2 user.notice core.out: killall: sshd: no process killed
Apr 7 03:49:27 evse2 user.notice core.out: Sending discover...
Apr 7 03:49:27 evse2 user.notice core.out: deconfig here
Apr 7 03:49:26 evse2 user.notice core.out: udhcpc (v1.17.1) started
Apr 7 03:49:20 evse2 user.notice core.out: killall: pppd: no process killed
Apr 7 03:49:20 evse2 user.notice core.out: route: SIOCDELRT: No such process
Apr 7 03:47:44 evse2 user.notice core.out: Sending select for 192.168.0.177...

Since I obviously am communication with the Blink over the network, I am not sure why the 'Network Connected' is NO, or why it would suddenly start renewing its IP address every 44 - 104 seconds. I am assuming that my Blink is having problems phoning home, which may have started about 90 minutes ago.

Somebody in the Blink software section needs to get a grip. My DHCP logs usually have 10 entries in a day. Now I have 10 entries in 8 minutes.

AmarilloLeaf said:
I got the 4A update around 11:45am CDT.

It still has the time 1 hour fast when viewed via a web connection.

Looking at the System Log, it is going out to my DHCP server about every 44 - 104 seconds to renew the lease.

On my DHCP server logs, this behavior started at 9:28pm CDT.

The 'Network Connected' 'on Settings > Device Info reads NO.

The log is like Groundhog Day. This over and over again.

Apr 7 03:49:27 evse2 user.notice core.out: Lease of 192.168.0.177 obtained, lease time 86400
Apr 7 03:49:27 evse2 user.notice core.out: Sending select for 192.168.0.177...
Apr 7 03:49:27 evse2 user.notice core.out: killall: sshd: no process killed
Apr 7 03:49:27 evse2 user.notice core.out: Sending discover...
Apr 7 03:49:27 evse2 user.notice core.out: deconfig here
Apr 7 03:49:26 evse2 user.notice core.out: udhcpc (v1.17.1) started
Apr 7 03:49:20 evse2 user.notice core.out: killall: pppd: no process killed
Apr 7 03:49:20 evse2 user.notice core.out: route: SIOCDELRT: No such process
Apr 7 03:47:44 evse2 user.notice core.out: Sending select for 192.168.0.177...

Since I obviously am communication with the Blink over the network, I am not sure why the 'Network Connected' is NO, or why it would suddenly start renewing its IP address every 44 - 104 seconds. I am assuming that my Blink is having problems phoning home, which may have started about 90 minutes ago.

Somebody in the Blink software section needs to get a grip. My DHCP logs usually have 10 entries in a day. Now I have 10 entries in 8 minutes.
I'm seeing scores of the following messages in my log:

Apr 06 20:50:58 Severity:5 Associated with station 00:23:61:00:0a:36
Apr 06 20:50:58 Severity:5 Installed unicast CCMP key for supplicant 00:23:61:00:0a:36
Apr 06 20:52:41 Severity:5 Associated with station 00:23:61:00:0a:36
Apr 06 20:52:41 Severity:5 Installed unicast CCMP key for supplicant 00:23:61:00:0a:36

This does not inspire confidence...

It looks like the Blink network is back up.

The 'Network Connected' is now YES, and it has stopped pinging my DHCP server every minute.

It has resumed looking for new firmware....every 10 - 11 minutes now.

Apr 7 04:20:03 evse2 daemon.info EVSE-Client[1837]: No firmware available
Apr 7 04:20:03 evse2 daemon.info EVSE-Client[1837]: Calling server for firmware download
Apr 7 04:20:02 evse2 user.notice core.out: Thu Apr 7 04:20:02 UTC 2011
Apr 7 04:09:45 evse2 daemon.info EVSE-Client[1837]: No firmware available
Apr 7 04:09:45 evse2 daemon.info EVSE-Client[1837]: Calling server for firmware download
Apr 7 04:09:43 evse2 user.notice core.out: Thu Apr 7 04:09:43 UTC 2011
Apr 7 04:06:39 evse2 user.notice core.out: Lease of 192.168.0.177 obtained, lease time 86400

They fixed the "Charging" display to properly indicate "Not Charging" (with sort of a orange background) when the E-nozzle is plugged in but the charge timer on the LEAf has not yet activated. Looks like they're making progress.

Mine is fix at to the charging when not charging BUT now when charging starts it still says not charging? Not sure how much progress they made in the fix?

Once Leaf hits 80% and stops charging - Blink still keeps saying Charging. So, apparently, they fixed the beginning but not the end. BTW, in the morning today, I can't see Blink on my intranet. So, it has probably lost the connection ...

I also saw the frequent DHCP lease renewal issue yesterday on the 1.4 firmware. Using WiFi at the moment but am switching to Ethernet this weekend.

Gonewild said:
Mine is fix at to the charging when not charging BUT now when charging starts it still says not charging? Not sure how much progress they made in the fix?

BLINK tech support told me yesterday that the new firmware would report "The Blink will now say “Not charging.” If the vehicle is not requesting power.", so that's their 'fix'. :|

Back