New Firmware Pushed : L2R.1.3A

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elofan

I've been using my Blink for two weeks now. I noticed yesterday that firmware version L2R.1.3A had been pushed onto it. The main issues that I have been having is the "charging" message when no charging was actually happening (since I have a timer set), the wireless dropping periodically requiring a power cycle, and most annoying is the 80% timer in the car would not start, or it would start then stop or generate a fault message on the Blink.

This morning I checked the car and it has successfully charged to 80%, although the Blink still indicates "charging". We'll see if it successfully charges a few times before I call that issue fixed.

Thanks for the heads up. Mine has been updated to 1.3A as well.
This is my 4th firmware update in about 10 weeks of Blink-ing.
My unit exhibited similar problems to what you described, and in the last two days had gotten much worse with two failed timer mode charging cycles and an annoying "Charging Delayed" screen when I power-cycled the unit that required me to wait 10 more mins to see if it would start charging!

I hope those problems were before the last update.
I wish Blink would email me when they do these updates so I know to monitor behavior more closely.

My Blink downloaded firmware 3A last night, but now it has lost all network connectivity.

I came out into the garage this morning to take out the trash and I unplugged the car. The Blink screen screen still said "Now Charging" with the charge time still ticking away. I unplugged it and rebooted it, waited a few minutes and tried to connect with my browser. It woudn't connect, so I went out to the garage and re-setup the wireless network. I tried both static IP and DHCP and neither produced any conectivity. Rebooted my WAP and laptops can connect to it fine, but the Blink acts like no wireless signal is present...

It charged my car last night, but has lost network functionality with this new firmware update. Anyone else having the same issue? I'm going to let ECOtality nkow about it...

Randy

So that's what the clunking and beeping was in my garage late last night...a firmware reboot. Where is the changelog??

My Blink was all locked up this morning, however it is stuck on "Charging." I unplugged the car and pushed the option to stop charging and I left it with the "Processing" screen just sitting there...

When I get home tonight, I imagine that the "Processing" screen will still be there and I'll have to cold-boot the Blink... I did notice though that it had no wireless connection this morning before I unplugged.

Hello Blinkers,
My unit updated too. Ethernet last communication was 11:46 PM 3/31 according to the display and no network connection but I can log into the UI so it has to work. The "day:hour:minute:second" digits are displaying in the UI although it shows 14:11:38:42. 14 days? It's been installed for 19 days.

Under the info screen (UI and Blink) the device ID has gone blank and now the network connection says "yes."
System uptime is 15 hours so it may have upgraded at 6:00 PM last night.

The last charge window no longer appears and checking the Blink network reveals my charge data from yesterday is not present but it shows the last charge as April 1.

The clock was slow by 12 hours. Don't know what happened there, maybe that's why the data is missing.

While I was standing there the screen went blank and came back up on the setup screen which I started then escaped and it was back to normal. Did not reset the "system uptime."

System log lists repeated clock errors???????
Apr 1 16:54:36 evse2 daemon.info EVSE-Client[25392]: HTTP error 400:E001 in blink clock service: [E001]: No GUID provided in request

It appears they have slowed down the connection interval, no longer calling home every 15 min.

In conclusion, IMO this was a quickie band aide to solve some issue but the main ones are still pending until the next update. Clock displays are still off between UI and the unit.

Dang it, I have to redo all the drive, charge & reporting tests. I still can not correlate Blink data to the Carwings data.

Got the new firmware and it forgot the network key overnight. At least it remembered my hidden SSID and I only had to re-enter the key.

My Blink is still running the L2R.1.2A firmware. It's hardwired, so I doubt there were any connectivity issues. Tech support is supposed to call today to work through some of the issues I've been having. We shall see....

I wonder if they specified the upgrade to individual units to avoid a 'Blink wide' problem should the new upgrade not work very well?

The technician I talked to from blink got me worried about their attitude.
I was told that a problem that can be fixed by a hard reboot is not a big deal (except if it happens at 1am, and I have no charge in the morning), that I should be using the blink timer and not the leaf timer (despite the fact that you can't possibly program it to charge at the recommended 80%). I'm having 2nd thoughts about getting ready of the aerovironment unit. It may be built cheaply, but its simplicity may be its best feature (the less moving parts, the less things that can go wrong)

Jimmydreams said:
My Blink is still running the L2R.1.2A firmware. It's hardwired, so I doubt there were any connectivity issues. Tech support is supposed to call today to work through some of the issues I've been having. We shall see....

I wonder if they specified the upgrade to individual units to avoid a 'Blink wide' problem should the new upgrade not work very well?

Fabio said:
Was this after the new firmware or before. Let us keep this thread to changes observed/not observed in the new firmware.

I didn't pay any attention to the Blink before I left this morning since I was successfully charged to my normal 80% but I just checked the Blink network and it shows my charger with the new firmware but still charging...

mogur said:
I didn't pay any attention to the Blink before I left this morning since I was successfully charged to my normal 80% but I just checked the Blink network and it shows my charger with the new firmware but still charging...
Yes - mine didn't change the status when I disconnected. But this has happenned before - though not consistantly.

I believe the 1.3A firmware was pushed to my blink yesterday during the day (I am 90% sure), I know that it's running 1.3A right now.
When I came home and I connected the leaf, it didn't go in the usual 3 blinking light mode (wait for timer).
I had to reboot the blink twice for the blink to get to the leaf to get into wait for time.

evnow said:
Fabio said:
Was this after the new firmware or before. Let us keep this thread to changes observed/not observed in the new firmware.

Did they add a screen saver to this version because I did not see it before. Now the screen stops at a calibrate view where before it all was had a clock.

My impression is that it rotates from the calibrate (with a timer shown as a reverse-progress bar growing from left to right, very counter intuitive, BTW) screen to the main screen and back.
Gonewild said:
Did they add a screen saver to this version because I did not see it before. Now the screen stops at a calibrate view where before it all was had a clock.

I suggested to Blink that they send and email when firmware is updated.
I received a very prompt response with this description of 1.3A

The issues the 1.3a are to fix are the following:
1 Pointer calibration loop.
The Blink goes into pointer calibration randomly. Sometimes, it will return to the pointer calibration after performing it or letting it time out. It may loop forever doing this. (Coherence #6376)

2 Reboot / Reset
The Blink will reboot randomly, especially while charging. (Coherence #6041, 6423)

3 Scheduled charge timer wrong
The Blink may omit the hour field, and put the days pending field in the timer that shows when a scheduled charge will begin. (Coherence #6491)

4 Wifi connectivity
The Wifi will randomly stop working, requiring either a reboot or to do the setup over again. (Coherence #6330.) The Wifi will now be automatically reset, so there will be brief interruptions, but the user won’t have to do anything.

sparky said:
1 Pointer calibration loop.
4 Wifi connectivity
Apparently they have fixed 2 problems I faced. I'll power loop today and observe whether the problems are actually fixed over the next week ...

Still, not fixed
- "Charging" message when just connected
- Leaf timer vs Blink timer issues
- Screen saver

sparky said:
4 Wifi connectivity
The Wifi will randomly stop working, requiring either a reboot or to do the setup over again. (Coherence #6330.) The Wifi will now be automatically reset, so there will be brief interruptions, but the user won’t have to do anything.

This isn't a fix, it's a bandaid for poorly designed hardware. I think all blinks with the current hardware rev will continue to have problems. Software can only fix so much.

I've noticed that the LEAF charger puts out a lot of EMI on the powerline, and I have a feeling the blink isn't handling it well.

Hello Blinkers,
About an hour ago an update got pushed into the Blink, still shows ver 1.3A

Apr 1 18:07:25 evse2 user.notice core.out: udhcpc (v1.17.1) started
Jan 1 00:00:28 evse2 syslog.info syslogd started: BusyBox v1.17.1
Apr 1 18:06:59 evse2 syslog.info syslogd exiting

Noted changes:
Last charge window has re-appeared.
Device ID has returned
Calling home at 15 min intervals again.
"System uptime" has been reset.
Notice the time stamp on the update, it is logging at 6:07 PM 7 hours ahead. This exceeds any DST + time zone difference. Looks like logging is at UTC.
Repeated clock errors in the sys log seem to be gone.
Time errors between screens (blink & UI) still present.

Back