Offer Came in Today

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turnover

Your Residential EV Charger

View this email in your browser

Blink HQ Home EV Charger

As you may know, Blink was acquired by CarCharging in October of 2013. Since the acquisition, we have made great strides in enhancing the Blink Network, improving service operations, and the overall EV charging experience. We value our relationships with partners and customers, and we want to ensure that we are effectively and proactively communicating new opportunities that are now available to our residential participants of the Department of Energy funded EV Project.

Now that the residential portion of the EV Project has concluded, we wanted to provide you with information on a new program that we designed specifically for residential participants of the EV Project.

Blink HQ Swap Program: •Upgrade your existing charger to the newly designed Blink HQ (pictured below), the future of home charging value-priced at $699.
•Upon the successful return of your existing charger (shipping box and label provided), you will be eligible to receive a $100 cash rebates well as a $100 credit for the Blink Network for use at any of our public charging stations.
•Beyond the standard warranty, multiple extended warranty options are also available.

Existing Blink EV Project Chargers: •We will continue to offer Service and Maintenance resources for all Blink residential chargers (post EV Project).
•To ensure that your charging station is operating correctly, Blink has a vast network of certified contractors nationwide that offer competitive pricing.
•Once the charger is serviced and fully functional, we will simply invoice you for the labor and parts cost associated.

To discuss the Blink HQ Swap program in more detail and/or start the process, please call Aaron Rollin directly at (602) 716-9576 x 423 or reply via email to [email protected].

Your Residential EV Charger

View this email in your browser

Blink HQ Home EV Charger

I think this is a decision that needs some rubber meets the road experience with the new management. My unit has been working fine after a few initial tweeks but the DCQC situation was (still is?) very difficult and I am very cautious at this point. :?

This was the offer?!?

I got one of these a couple of months back and thought it was some sort of joke... "Hey, give us your old charging station that we can remanufacture into a commercial unit with a value of about $2k and we'll give you $200 and charge you $700 for the pleasure!"

Now if they wanted to give me a Blink HQ, pay for installation, AND give me $200 (not just rebates or credits) - that's something I might consider...

For some reason their offer went to the Junk folder. Three years and my Blink works fine, only failed to charge once when the time got messed up. I did replace the cable and connector with a Leviton 30A, but because I manage to destroy the one the unit came with.

What is the amperage for the Blink HQ anyway, still 30A?

I never got an offer like this. Not that I would take it.

After 3 years, my blink started giving my lots of problems, so I unplugged the smart portion of it (I don't use the timer or the tracking) and use it as a "dumb" EVSE and it's been working great.

Back