Blink Charger in Constant Loop - new firmware??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwicks

My charger looks like it recently received a software update. The initial screen that comes up is the blink "hold while we get things started" The Next screen is one I have not seen before, it is blue and white and reads "The EV-Project Welcome!" I was out of town for three days and did not have my Leaf charging so when I got back and needed to charge the Leaf, I noticed the charger was not operating correctly. I unplugged it and plugged it back in (220vac), this is when I noticed the new screen and noticed that the system continued to cycle between the two screens (there was a clicking sound prior to the loop). Is there a hard reset option I can do to clear the system?? TIA!

Unplugging and plugging it back in IS a hard reset, no? If it still isn't functioning, I would suspect a corrupted SD card, which seems to be the most common fault on the Blink units. I would try the service people, but there does seem to be some chaos there since the Ecotality sale and the repair response has been spotty. There is a thread here about cloning a new SD card (user Darkstar has an image of it that worked for someone) that might be helpful, or another alternative you might try if you need to use the unit is turning it into a dumb EVSE until repairs can be effected by pulling the blue connectors per Ingineer's thread.
TT

My contract with Ecotality's successor ended on December 31, so I changed my router settings to block the EVSE from sending or receiving data from outside my home network. I can still access the unit from a browser using its internal IP address, but I don't have to worry about Car Charging mucking about with it, by downloading new firmware or who knows what else.

I'm not getting "hold while we get things started", but do get the blue and white screen which reads "The EV-Project Welcome!", then clicking sound and blank (but on) screen. Won't charge. I also unplugged it and plugged it back in (220vac). No change. Separate 120V charger works. It does sound like a new firmware problem. FYI I'm plugging into a Volt.

Back