Three blue lights flashing and beeping when i plug car in

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samdev

I have borrowed a Nissan Leaf for a fortnight and i have to be honest i have been very impressed so far. However, tonight when i have gone to charge the car the three blue lights to the front are flashing together and the car is making a beeping noise. I have contacted charge master but they have said that they have never heard of this before and have advised that they will ring me back on Monday as there is nothing they can do over the weekend. I have looked through the forum but could not see this exact fault. Worrying that i have broken something so would really appreciate a bit of help and guidance. Thank you in advance, Sam.

samdev said:
I have borrowed a Nissan Leaf for a fortnight and i have to be honest i have been very impressed so far. However, tonight when i have gone to charge the car the three blue lights to the front are flashing together and the car is making a beeping noise. I have contacted charge master but they have said that they have never heard of this before and have advised that they will ring me back on Monday as there is nothing they can do over the weekend. I have looked through the forum but could not see this exact fault. Worrying that i have broken something so would really appreciate a bit of help and guidance. Thank you in advance, Sam.

The charge timer is active and if the car isn't charging you need to press the timer override button on the dash. This is assuming that what I wrote applies to whatever year Leaf you borrowed. It's always helpful to give model and year information on the car...

LeftieBiker said:
samdev said:

The charge timer is active and if the car isn't charging you need to press the timer override button on the dash. This is assuming that what I wrote applies to whatever year Leaf you borrowed. It's always helpful to give model and year information on the car...

That is not the timer indicator it is a plug/proximity error. There is likely an issue with the release button on the charger handle and/or its switch. Check that the button is not broken, sloppy or the cord is not fully engaged.

EVDRIVER said:
LeftieBiker said:
samdev said:

That is not the timer indicator it is a plug/proximity error. There is likely an issue with the release button on the charger handle and/or its switch. Check that the button is not broken, sloppy or the cord is not fully engaged.

You're right - I didn't notice when I read it that they wrote "together." The lights flashing in sequence would mean the timer was preventing a charge.

Back