Blink malfunctionin support telling me there is service hold

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkshack

Last week my blink died. It does not charge. The screen lights up but is black. I called blink and they said they would put a support ticket in. They said I should hear from someone in a day or so. I did not so called back yesterday. They said there was a back log of complaints and made it sound like there was a firmware issue causing an increase in the amount of service calls. They would check on it and get back to me today. I never heard anything so I called back today. I called today and the representative told me that there was a hold on any further support calls and they should hopefully know more soon. When I asked why he said he could not say and to check the internet.

1. anyone know what is going on?

2. Anyone have an idea on what to do with my charger. More info. When I unplug it and plug it back it the white start up screen comes in but that goes to a black screen with no effect if I touch it. When I plug in the car the car beeps but does not charge. No blue light on the dash.

rkshack

rkshack said:
Last week my blink died. It does not charge. The screen lights up but is black. I called blink and they said they would put a support ticket in. They said I should hear from someone in a day or so. I did not so called back yesterday. They said there was a back log of complaints and made it sound like there was a firmware issue causing an increase in the amount of service calls. They would check on it and get back to me today. I never heard anything so I called back today. I called today and the representative told me that there was a hold on any further support calls and they should hopefully know more soon. When I asked why he said he could not say and to check the internet.

1. anyone know what is going on?

2. Anyone have an idea on what to do with my charger. More info. When I unplug it and plug it back it the white start up screen comes in but that goes to a black screen with no effect if I touch it. When I plug in the car the car beeps but does not charge. No blue light on the dash.

rkshack
As far as the hold on support calls, I imagine that's due to the fact that they're almost certainly going to file for bankruptcy any day now, and they've already laid off a bunch of people. As to your specific issue, no idea.

You could always just convert it in to a dumb EVSE like this: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3279&hilit=blink+dumb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rkshack said:
Last week my blink died. It does not charge.

TomT said:
You could always just convert it in to a dumb EVSE like this: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3279&hilit=blink+dumb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rkshack said:
+1....good advice TomT. Considering Blink/Ecotality financial issues, I wouldn't expect any future support from them. Mine is/has been working just fine for over a year now; but if I have problems, I'm going to convert it to a "dumb EVSE". I always use the car timers anyway.

derkraut said:
TomT said:

rkshack said:
+1....good advice TomT. Considering Blink/Ecotality financial issues, I wouldn't expect any future support from them. Mine is/has been working just fine for over a year now; but if I have problems, I'm going to convert it to a "dumb EVSE". I always use the car timers anyway.

That will be their next business model, to sue those that do what you suggest before the contact is over. I give it a 50/50 chance based on their track record. Of course the lawyers will be paid with your tax dollars:)

Thats good to know that I have options. I was getting angry at the thought of having to buy a new charging station.

rkshack

Yeah, mine has been working flawlessly since the 2.0 update in January of 2012... But this is what I will do if/when ET goes under and/or it starts having problems...

derkraut said:
TomT said:
rkshack said:

rkshack said:
Thats good to know that I have options. I was getting angry at the thought of having to buy a new charging station.
Don't' worry, there will be other options as well.

1. You can replace the "smarts" with OpenEVSE hardware. I know that Chris was looking for Blink to use as a guinea pig.
2. I feel confident someone will come up with open source custom firmware. That all by itself should improve the reliability by an order of magnitude.

TomT said:

rkshack said:

great dig on the info! had completely forgotten about it but without a Blink charger, i kinda didnt try to remember a whole lot about them

same here, called in a few days ago due to the repetitive internal error it keeps reporting (is this the bad GFI sense or something? i can't remember now) and they told me i was a P2 support call since the EVSE is still (mostly) working. they said even P1 support calls were not happening.

they had already filed for BK but i guess the news did not come out until yesterday or today?

anyway.. poop.

Back