For SALE 2016 Leaf SV with 9 Bars and 30K Miles, Qualify for New 30Kwh Battery $14000

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PerformanceMotors

I have for sale a a very clean Leaf SV that has 9 bars out of 12 bars for $15500. It has the remaining 5 years 60K mile battery replacement warranty if the battery falls below 9 bars until April 2021. At the current battery health of 9 bars out of 12, it still can drive 70-80miles on the freeway which is equivalent to a 12 bar 24Whr battery. This Car is Silver with the Beige Interior. It has Quick Charge, Navigation, and backup camera. This car has clean carfax and clean title. Buyer is welcome to confirm battery warranty with Nissan with Vin Number before purchase. Attached is leaf spy report and some images. This car is located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Message me if you want more information.

UPDATE: Nissan North America confirmed BMS update was completed on 12/17/18. Buyer is welcome to confirm with Nissan or any Nissan Service center with VIN. Additionally, this Leaf is eligible for 4 years of CA HOV decal since none has been issued to it.

Update 2: The capacity warranty on a 30whr battery is indeed 8years/100k miles. So for this leaf you do have until April 2024 to loose the 9th bar to qualify under warranty. Additionally, I dropped the price to $14000. I can meet at a local Nissan dealership to verify the battery condition and warranty.

$14000 or best offer.

2019-10-26.jpg

00i0i_gWbu9OpH7nP_1200x900.jpg

00101_kRkYHiPVNqC_1200x900.jpg

2019-10-26%20%281%29.jpg

00D0D_1zTx1GfWUMh_1200x900.jpg

I am not sure what version bms is on it. How can I check and would bms change the readings on leaf spy. What is the current bms version for a 2016?

Nissan issued a free BMS update for all 30kwh Leaf packs. The update involves a BMS reset, which does affect LeafSpy readings. You should be able to call Nissan with the VIN and find out. After the update the BMS will tell the car it has 12 bars, for as long as 6 months, even if it has less.

PerformanceMotors said:
Leftiebiker.. thanks for the info.. I'll verify on bms version and update If needed.

You're welcome. If it did have a BMS update within the last couple of months, then the only way to ascertain the true capacity is to do a range test by fully charging and then driving the car a substantial fraction of 107 miles.

I called Nissan North America. They said the BMS software update was completed on 12/17/18 and is current. This is a real 2016 leaf sv with 9 bars and 1.5 years to loose the 9th bar. As stated, buyer is welcome to confirm all information. Vin number is in the Leaf Spy screenshot.

LeftieBiker said:
PerformanceMotors said:
Leftiebiker.. thanks for the info.. I'll verify on bms version and update If needed.

You're welcome. If it did have a BMS update within the last couple of months, then the only way to ascertain the true capacity is to do a range test by fully charging and then driving the car a substantial fraction of 107 miles.

Leftie;
Out of curiosity, when using LeafSpy, are the GID's an accurate measurement of energy capacity - before/after an update?

Marktm said:
LeftieBiker said:
PerformanceMotors said:

Leftie;
Out of curiosity, when using LeafSpy, are the GID's an accurate measurement of energy capacity - before/after an update?
That would be waay to easy.

No

LeftieBiker said:
then the only way to ascertain the true capacity is to do a range test by fully charging and then driving the car a substantial fraction of 107 miles.
The simpler way is to charge up the battery at a metered EVSE or DC fast charger

SageBrush said:
LeftieBiker said:
then the only way to ascertain the true capacity is to do a range test by fully charging and then driving the car a substantial fraction of 107 miles.
The simpler way is to charge up the battery at a metered EVSE or DC fast charger

Don't you need to get it down to just about Turtle and then charge to 100%? Driving it 20 miles after a full charge seems easier to me.

LeftieBiker said:
SageBrush said:
LeftieBiker said:

Don't you need to get it down to just about Turtle and then charge to 100%? Driving it 20 miles after a full charge seems easier to me.
No.
Just normalize the SoC change

E.g.,
If the car took 5 kWh to raise the SoC 30% then the entire battery would be 5/0.3

Back to OP:
$15.5k + $8k = $23.5k for a used '2015 LEAF with a (hopefully) good 24 kWh battery.
Back in the day when the cars were new, the car sold for ~ $15k after tax credits.

I think this car is ~ $10k overpriced.

SageBrush said:
Back to OP:
$15.5k + $8k = $23.5k for a used '2015 LEAF with a (hopefully) good 24 kWh battery.
Back in the day when the cars were new, the car sold for ~ $15k after tax credits.

I think you are missing the point entirely. This car qualifies for a new 30Kwh battery under the Nissan 5 year/60K mile battery warranty. There are used 2016 Leaf SV that won't get a new battery under warranty being sold for more than this.

PerformanceMotors said:
SageBrush said:
Back to OP:

I think you are missing the point entirely. This car qualifies for a new 30Kwh battery under the Nissan 5 year/60K mile battery warranty. There are used 2016 Leaf SV that won't get a new battery under warranty being sold for more than this.
You are right -- I missed the point (unless the battery makes it through 5yr/60k.)
Still too expensive, but at least you are in the negotiation neighborhood.

SageBrush said:
PerformanceMotors said:
SageBrush said:
Back to OP:

You are right -- I missed the point (unless the battery makes it through 5yr/60k.)
Still too expensive, but at least you are in the negotiation neighborhood.

Going by Leaf Spy, I think it would just take a couple more points of SOH to drop to 8 bars.. I think the 9th bar drops around 64 or 65%.

For 30kWh batteries I believe the capacity warranty is 8 years/100k miles. If the BMS update has been done this car seems like a good deal if you want to take the chance on getting a new battery.

goldbrick said:
For 30kWh batteries I believe the capacity warranty is 8 years/100k miles. If the BMS update has been done this car seems like a good deal if you want to take the chance on getting a new battery.

And if the BMS update was not done, it will likely gain at least two bars after it is.

I think that a 2016 with a bad battery would be in the $9-10K direction. For $15k you can get an already great, car, possibly newer than that.

The potential buyer is taking all of the risk and would need to do all the work of negotiations with Nissan, and then not have the car for a week... At least.

Back