Basic OpenEVSE for Sale is Sold

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

I have a basic EVSE with no display for sale. It auto detects L1 at 12A or L2 at 16A. It is mounted in a rugged electrical junction box. The basic box is waterproof but I have not paid attention to waterproofing the holes. There are no open holes but I would consider it splash proof at best. It has a 14 gauge GM Voltec coil cord. It stretches to at least the length of my 25 ft Leviton cable. The input cable has a L6-20p installed.

The unit is based on an Arduino Uno with a OpenEVSE shield built on a prototype board. There is a separate line detect board. The serial and I2C pins are brought out on headers. It is programmed to version 2.0B7 with CLI enabled.

I have been using this all week to burn it in. It works flawlessly but it is sold ASIS. I guarantee it will work upon receipt.

I am selling this for $275 plus $25 for shipping. Local pickup in Anaheim near Disneyland is available. Payment is by Paypal if I ship or cash for local pickup.
I have a L2 to L1 120V adapter for an additional $20.

Thanks pchilds for the case idea. It is truly a tough box.

LeftieBiker said:
I would have bought this two weeks ago, but I ended up with a refurbished CC unit. Is that the charge cord that is also used with the Volt EVSE?

I purchased it from Ebay. It was described as a Voltec cable from a blown up EVSE. I converted an EVSE from a Volt for Adrian a while back but as I recall it had a straight orange J1772 cable.

I understand that the Volt EVSE's have been less than reliable.

Your firmware supports the display. It is just a matter of running the two I2C wires,. Plus Power and Ground.

Sorry, I forgot to reply to this message.

To use the current firmware the two current sense wires need 1N4004;s installed, They went to half wave sensing for reliability.
a few revisions ago.

Back