Four Michelin MXV tires NO LONGER FOR SALE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer23

:?: EDIT: Tires are no longer for sale.

I'm thinking about swapping my 2011 LEAF for a new 2013 lease. I just put four new Michelin MXV tires on the car in April and I want to gauge interest in buying my almost new tires before I turn in the 2011 leased car. No sense giving Nissan new tires back with the car when I could turn in someone else's worn ones.

The tires are in near-new condition. They have been driven just 1,700 miles.

I think that the simplest and by far the cheapest way to swap the tires is for us to swap wheels and tires between the two LEAFs. My idea is that we would meet at some mutually convenient place in Orange County CA, preferably my house or yours, with two jacks and lug wrenches and swap the wheels and tires between the cars. My wheels are in very good condition, and the tires were installed professionally and balanced on the wheels.

Your wheels would have to be in good condition without scrapes or gouges, and your tires would need to have at least 1/8 inch of tread depth at the lowest point of each tire. The tires would need to be road worthy and in otherwise good condition, and the same size, quality and speed rating as the original equipment Ecopias. Tires cannot have any repaired punctures, plugs, bulges previous flats or other damage, and all four tires must be the same make, model and brand. (These are Nissan's requirements for lease return condition.)

I paid about $700 for the Michelins, installation and balancing. I'm asking $450 cash.

The Michelins are superior tires to the Bridgestone Ecopias that came on the car, in terms of tread life and handling and steering feel. Please note, however, that I have seen a few percent of range reduction with these tires as compared to the Ecopias that came on the car.

Anyone interested?

I'm tempted as I don't care for the Ecrapia's "squidgy" handling, but I only got my car last January and I'm not even at 5,000 miles yet. How long before you have to turn the car in?

RonDawg said:
I'm tempted as I don't care for the Ecrapia's "squidgy" handling, but I only got my car last January and I'm not even at 5,000 miles yet. How long before you have to turn the car in?

Not sure. I still have to nail down the deal with the dealer. Maybe a week.

thankyouOB said:
you mean the dealer will swap the MXVs onto the new LEAF?

someone said the new LEAFs had MXVs. i dunno.

Nope, he's buying the 2011 for his used car inventory. So he'll have a used LEAF with new upgraded tires on it.

Back