2013 Leaf SL - Take Over Lease Payment

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rssandiego

I leased the LEAF and a week later, I accepted an offer which means relocating to a different city and a lot of driving.
I would like to transfer my lease and I would be willing to given an additional $1,600 in cash, so the effective lease payment would be $299 and there are no other fees or down payments.
Car details:
2013 LEAF SL - Glacier pearl (white) exterior, black leather interior, navigation, splash guards etc.
15,000 miles per year
35 month lease
about 350 miles to date

You will be getting a new LEAF at a MONTHLY lease price that is at least $45 less per month.
Please reply if you are interested.

DECIDED TO KEEP THE CAR FOR NOW.

As cwerdna said, if this is a NMAC lease, you will still be liable for the payments (and the return of the car at lease end in a condition acceptable to them) even if someone else takes over the payments.

If you can financially swing it, you may be better off just purchasing the car from NMAC; as you just started the lease, it would basically be the Adjusted Capitalized Cost (price of the car minus any down payments to include the $7500 credit). Or is your new job so far away that it wouldn't be feasible given the Leaf's range limitations?

I am in San Diego, and the new job is in LV; there are charging stations there but not as common as in So Cal, and I have to be driving around quite a bit and that's not going to work.
Can't afford the purchase option at this time either.
I know that I will be the secondary on a lease -- hoping that the new lessee has a decent credit score and would like to keep his/her credit in good standing. I don't know if it is possible or not, but I am also willing to throw in an additional $1,500, so the responsible party will have $299 / mo lease for 35 months and no additional costs.

rssandiego said:
I am in San Diego, and the new job is in LV; there are charging stations there but not as common as in So Cal, and I have to be driving around quite a bit and that's not going to work.
Can't afford the purchase option at this time either.
I know that I will be the secondary on a lease -- hoping that the new lessee has a decent credit score and would like to keep his/her credit in good standing. I don't know if it is possible or not, but I am also willing to throw in an additional $1,500, so the responsible party will have $299 / mo lease for 35 months and no additional costs.

Does it have the technology package with Bose and Surround Camera system?
Is it $299 including tax? I was looking for a glacier white LEAF. But not till November probably, when I return my BMW 335d. Unfortunately no more BMW deals like the one I had...$57K car for $325/month including tax! ($1000 drive off). Ah, I just realized it is Glacier Pearl White, same as my 2012. I was actually looking for the lighter colored white.

I see that you decided to keep the Leaf for now. FWIW, I leased 2 Nissan Maximas in 2010. My wife became disabled and no longer needed hers. I took it back to the dealer. They paid off the lease and gave my wife a check for $1,000.

You may not be that lucky, but at least you will know where you stand. Taking the risk of someone assuming your lease is usually not a good idea.

Back