2012 Leaf for Sale - Colorado 25k

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherSlick

I am putting my 2012 Leaf up for sale today. Hate to see it go, but I got a new job and it no longer suits my needs.

It is Silver with Tan interior, SL model with 10,000 miles. It has always been garaged and well taken care of. I am asking 25k (what I currently owe on it) however I will consider all reasonable offers.

After buying I added a few upgrades that I will include with the car at no extra charge:
-Upgraded EVSC cord from http://evseupgrade.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-A GE Watt-station
-Tinted windows
-Professionally installed stereo upgrade with better speakers and a sub woofer (Uses factory radio)
-Cargo organizer
-SOC meter

If you have any questions please let me know.

The best part about the rebates is they are limited to first-come-first served for a limited number of people.

Overall the biggest bonus (aside from knowing you get the discount up front) is the extras I am including with the car.

Also while I would like to come out for 25k, I am willing to come down and inevitability eat the rest of the cost.

Let us know what you get, we're all interested.
In Tennessee dealer trade in on a 2011 with <12K is only $15,000.
Doubtful that resale to an individual would bring more than $17,000.
You are throwing in a lot of very good extras, but $25,000 seems way high.

Well honestly I have an amount of money I am willing to loose on this deal, but not ~$10k.

One local dealer said they would do $19,000 for it, but that is still more of a loss than I can really take.

It really is in nearly showroom condition (aside from the upgrades) along with only charging to 80% should be an excellent buy.

If anyone out of state is interested I am willing to work with that as well.

The plain fact is that the 2013's have killed the resale market. Tony got 25K from Carmax in december but they only offered me $19K. If I could get 23-25K for it I would be now driving a RAV4-EV but like you I will not pay a 9-10K for the privilege.

SherSlick said:
Well honestly I have an amount of money I am willing to loose on this deal, but not ~$10k.

One local dealer said they would do $19,000 for it, but that is still more of a loss than I can really take.
Unfortunately, the market does not take into account what you can afford to lose. I will be surprised if you get an offer of more than $19,000. Best of luck.

Stoaty said:
SherSlick said:

Unfortunately, the market does not take into account what you can afford to lose. I will be surprised if you get an offer of more than $19,000. Best of luck.
I agree. I doubt you'll get more or much more than $19K.

I posted http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10762" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; last year. Waidy sold her Leaf last year for $20K at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=10591" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but both of these were before the '13 Leaf prices came out.

New '13 Leafs are cheap after tax credits, incentives, etc. so it doesn't make sense people would want to pay so much for a used one w/some of the warranty gone. I also wouldn't want a GE Wattstation to use w/a Leaf.

I think you might get more by trying to part out the pieces, including switching the stereo back to stock.

Here is a 2011 for $23k in Chandler, AZ.. and it is missing a bar

http://cars.chapmanchoice.com/Used-Cars-2011-Nissan-LEAF-330106A-CAW.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't mean to discourage, but I just bought a silver 2012 SL with 6,400 miles for $19,500 from a dealer in NC. They really wanted to get rid of the vehicle and I feel I got this at a decent price, but as others stated the 2013 is hurting the resale of the 11 and 12 models.

It is a shame for those early adopters who now want to sell. I feel like I got a good price on a car that was sold for $37,250 only 9-10 months ago, but I'm wondering if I'll feel that way this time next year!

yeah the market really fell out after the big 13 announcement. I finally got mine yesterday. a 2011 sl with 5900 miles for $17,500. Thats actually below wholesale. I was so close to leasing one sat just to get the auto 7500 off. Then buyout the lease after 3 yrs. Luckily the finance mgr left for the night and I had all day sunday to really look and figure. After 3 yrs I would still owe over 16K for the residual. It was def a no brainer to get a preowned for me. Don't get me wrong. I love the feel of a new car. Mine was close enough to new for me to pull the trigger on the cheaper. Especially if I end up disliking it. <i doubt that> I think the biggest problems for the leaf, are consumers being afraid to adapt to new technology. The prius had a similar rocky start. Good luck with the sale.

Back