Anyone seen a 2020 Eplus on a lot yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The local dealer here in Boulder - where they sell a lot of Leafs - lists 117 new Leafs at the moment and all are 2019. Some are actually here and some are 'coming soon'.

I have not heard of any specs on the 2020 yet, I am assuming it will be the same as the 2019. I may go by the Boulder dealer in question to get a 2019 plus when the 2020s arrive

I've seen the one that a Nissan HQ employee was driving with manufacture tags. I live right next to the Nissan USA headquarters and use their QC a lot. Two nights ago, a different sounding leaf pulled up next to me. It was the 2020, recognized it from the pictures. The guy let me snoop around and ask questions. I liked what I saw, futuristic new "tron" sounding drive noise and totally LCD screen for speed console, large touchscreen for in the middle for controls, 62 kw/h battery, etc. At least compared to my 2013, sits higher up, etc. He pulled in at 20% charge and was at 70% when I left 20 minutes later. I went from 1% to 65% in that time. He said they just started making them in Smyrna so I don't think you'll see them on a lot anywhere yet...

knightmb said:
I've seen the one that a Nissan HQ employee was driving with manufacture tags. I live right next to the Nissan USA headquarters and use their QC a lot. Two nights ago, a different sounding leaf pulled up next to me. It was the 2020, recognized it from the pictures. The guy let me snoop around and ask questions. I liked what I saw, futuristic new "tron" sounding drive noise and totally LCD screen for speed console, large touchscreen for in the middle for controls, 62 kw/h battery, etc. At least compared to my 2013, sits higher up, etc. He pulled in at 20% charge and was at 70% when I left 20 minutes later. I went from 1% to 65% in that time. He said they just started making them in Smyrna so I don't think you'll see them on a lot anywhere yet...

Did it look like a 2019? Are you sure it was a leaf and not a concept for the 2021?

This report doesn't seem to make sense but would be interesting if true. First, it's already middle of December and there hasn't been a single ad / article / announcement from Nissan on any 2020 MY changes or even when they will make it available to the dealers.

It seems it "looks" the same but "sounds" different with a gigantic touchscreen a la Tesla in the middle? I'm guessing given the poster here was driving a 2013, even a 2018 MY might look futuristic as these all have the LCD speed and middle touchscreen (7"- 8" depending on MY).

I would like to hear more.

webeleafowners said:
knightmb said:

Did it look like a 2019? Are you sure it was a leaf and not a concept for the 2021?

jdcbomb said:
This report doesn't seem to make sense but would be interesting if true. First, it's already middle of December and there hasn't been a single ad / article / announcement from Nissan on any 2020 MY changes or even when they will make it available to the dealers.

It seems it "looks" the same but "sounds" different with a gigantic touchscreen a la Tesla in the middle? I'm guessing given the poster here was driving a 2013, even a 2018 MY might look futuristic as these all have the LCD speed and middle touchscreen (7"- 8" depending on MY).

I would like to hear more.

webeleafowners said:
knightmb said:

My thoughts exactly. New sound sounds interesting though.

I've looked at some pictures of the 2019/2018 interior/exterior, this was a 2020,
This link looks closest to what I saw.

https://www.newnissancars.com/2020-nissan-leaf-canada-release-date-interior-changes-cost/

Yes, it was dark and the sound pulling in was not the normal leaf hum, more Tron like. At first I thought it was another make because the sound was unfamiliar.

knightmb said:
I've looked at some pictures of the 2019/2018 interior/exterior, this was a 2020,
This link looks closest to what I saw.

https://www.newnissancars.com/2020-nissan-leaf-canada-release-date-interior-changes-cost/

Yes, it was dark and the sound pulling in was not the normal leaf hum, more Tron like. At first I thought it was another make because the sound was unfamiliar.

Thank you for your report. I think the article was probably bot generated or translated. Looking forward to Nissan’s literature. I still find it weird that they haven’t indicated any specs. Maybe they don’t want to cannibalize 2019 at dealers.

Thanks again.

As a way to give it, Nissan attached a manufacturer-new 40 kWh mix-load which can certainly provide the real car as significantly as 155 miles of all-electric range.

Heh. It looks like the 2020 is a 2019 with a new "instrument cluster." Same mix-load, same body.

LeftieBiker said:
As a way to give it, Nissan attached a manufacturer-new 40 kWh mix-load which can certainly provide the real car as significantly as 155 miles of all-electric range.

Heh. It looks like the 2020 is a 2019 with a new "instrument cluster." Same mix-load, same body.

Hey Leftie. That image of the dash didn’t appear that much different from the existing 2019. Maybe a reverse image. But, having said that I can’t recall details of the 2019.

That image of the dash didn’t appear that much different from the existing 2019. Maybe a reverse image. But, having said that I can’t recall details of the 2019.

The speedometer is on the left in that photo, making me think that either it has a new fully digital dash, or that Nissan moved the mechanical/electric tachometer to the left just to irritate people.

LeftieBiker said:
That image of the dash didn’t appear that much different from the existing 2019. Maybe a reverse image. But, having said that I can’t recall details of the 2019.

The speedometer is on the left in that photo, making me think that either it has a new fully digital dash, or that Nissan moved the mechanical/electric tachometer to the left just to irritate people.

I just looked again. Look at the steering wheel. It is literally a mirror image. It literally says nassin but with image reversed. Too funny.

LOL, it is, sorry I couldn't find a better site, I wanted to respect the guy and not start making a video. Hmmm, perhaps I should have? At least so everyone could hear the different driving sound. Is the 2019 a split screen / instrument panel? This one was all screen. The center console touch screen was more tall rectangle than wide. The rear end was teardrop back, no top fin. If it was a concept or 2021, he wanted me to believe it was a 2020 that is being produced now. Wonder if he reads this forum? I saw him using plugshare in the car after we were finished talking.

knightmb said:
LOL, it is, sorry I couldn't find a better site, I wanted to respect the guy and not start making a video. Hmmm, perhaps I should have? At least so everyone could hear the different driving sound. Is the 2019 a split screen / instrument panel? This one was all screen. The center console touch screen was more tall rectangle than wide. The rear end was teardrop back, no top fin. If it was a concept or 2021, he wanted me to believe it was a 2020 that is being produced now. Wonder if he reads this forum? I saw him using plugshare in the car after we were finished talking.

No worries and thanks for reporting back. If you wouldn’t mind looking at an existing 2019 interior image as well as an exterior rear end shot and confirming that it was different than what you saw that would be great. .

Cheers.

I found a good close up picture of the 2019 panel. Looks like the speed instrument is on the right and a smaller LCD screen on the left. This one was all LCD screen, no static instruments embedded. The back was different also, the top fin over the rear windshield was gone, just a smooth curve across the back.

Is the 2020 suppose to be radically different from the 2019 other than a different sound and minor tweeks to the interior/exterior?

knightmb said:
I found a good close up picture of the 2019 panel. Looks like the speed instrument is on the right and a smaller LCD screen on the left. This one was all LCD screen, no static instruments embedded. The back was different also, the top fin over the rear windshield was gone, just a smooth curve across the back.

Is the 2020 suppose to be radically different from the 2019 other than a different sound and minor tweeks to the interior/exterior?

Good morning knight and thanks for reporting back. We have one on order for March delivery. I was under the impression from our dealer that it would remain basically the same with the possibility of minor tweaks.

I didn’t mind the instrument panel but the new one sounds interesting. I’m not sure I understand the Nissan strategy of keeping the 2020 a secret.

Anyway, thanks for the report. If you see it again try and snag a picture.

Back