webeleafowners
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Chademo between Weed Cali and Bend Oregon.

Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Hi All. Not sure if there is a better place for this topic. (Sorry Lefty) Looking like next fall we may have to make a trip down south and our preferred route is highway 97 out of Canada and then hookuo with I5 at Weed California. And then the reverse route back home. This will be in a 2020 Eplus SL. Currently there is no Chademo between Weed and Bend. There is a few J1772 opportunities and I suppose we could overnight at the Best Western in Klamath falls. My question does anyone know if there are any networks planning a DCFC install along that corridor. Backup plan is to take I5 from the BC border down. Ick.

Thanks in advance all. \

John and Angela.
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: Chademo between Weed Cali and Bend Oregon.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:07 am

You should have a decent amount of range remaining when you reach Klamath Falls. You might not need much time on Level 2 to give you a comfortable margin.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Oilpan4
Posts: 1491
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 pm
Delivery Date: 10 May 2018
Leaf Number: 004270

Re: Chademo between Weed Cali and Bend Oregon.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:26 am

Are you taking fall as in while it's still kind of warm, possibly still summer like some days or late fall when there is probably going to be snow on the ground?
trumpvirus
Is going to get you.

webeleafowners
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: Chademo between Weed Cali and Bend Oregon.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:32 am

Oilpan4 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:26 am
Are you taking fall as in while it's still kind of warm, possibly still summer like some days or late fall when there is probably going to be snow on the ground?
At this point it’s looking like third week of October.
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

webeleafowners
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: Chademo between Weed Cali and Bend Oregon.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:33 am

.
Last edited by webeleafowners on Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

webeleafowners
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: Chademo between Weed Cali and Bend Oregon.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:34 am

.
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

Astros
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:21 am
Delivery Date: 28 Apr 2018
Leaf Number: 310136
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Chademo between Weed Cali and Bend Oregon.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:47 am

webeleafowners wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:57 pm
Hi All. Not sure if there is a better place for this topic. (Sorry Lefty) Looking like next fall we may have to make a trip down south and our preferred route is highway 97 out of Canada and then hookuo with I5 at Weed California. And then the reverse route back home. This will be in a 2020 Eplus SL. Currently there is no Chademo between Weed and Bend. There is a few J1772 opportunities and I suppose we could overnight at the Best Western in Klamath falls. My question does anyone know if there are any networks planning a DCFC install along that corridor. Backup plan is to take I5 from the BC border down. Ick.

Thanks in advance all. \

John and Angela.
I think you should make it if you make sure to leave Bend with 95% SoC and drive steadily at 55mph. It’s ~208 miles, which is further than I would feel comfortable pushing my Plus on the freeway or in the rain, but an open highway in Eastern Oregon should be good for your range. And, as Nubo says, if you’re feeling nervous you can always top up in Klamath Falls. Given the choice myself, I would definitely pick that route over I-5!
2019 Deep Blue SL Plus

webeleafowners
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: Chademo between Weed Cali and Bend Oregon.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:17 am

Astros wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:47 am
webeleafowners wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:57 pm
Hi All. Not sure if there is a better place for this topic. (Sorry Lefty) Looking like next fall we may have to make a trip down south and our preferred route is highway 97 out of Canada and then hookuo with I5 at Weed California. And then the reverse route back home. This will be in a 2020 Eplus SL. Currently there is no Chademo between Weed and Bend. There is a few J1772 opportunities and I suppose we could overnight at the Best Western in Klamath falls. My question does anyone know if there are any networks planning a DCFC install along that corridor. Backup plan is to take I5 from the BC border down. Ick.

Thanks in advance all. \

John and Angela.
I think you should make it if you make sure to leave Bend with 95% SoC and drive steadily at 55mph. It’s ~208 miles, which is further than I would feel comfortable pushing my Plus on the freeway or in the rain, but an open highway in Eastern Oregon should be good for your range. And, as Nubo says, if you’re feeling nervous you can always top up in Klamath Falls. Given the choice myself, I would definitely pick that route over I-5!
Yah it’s our route of choice in the Motorhome. I don’t like driving fast in a car or Motorhome. Setting the cruise at 103 kmh is my happy zone. Harder to do that on the interstate.

Coming back will be more of a challenge as it is uphill out of Weed for a long stretch.

Come on EVGO. Gitterdun. :)
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: Chademo between Weed Cali and Bend Oregon.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:45 pm

Are you towing a motorhome with the LEAF?
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”