Is the App for the EPlus the same as the one I am using for my 2016 SV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

Hi all. Our Eplus arrives in March. Apparently the Eplus provides some additional features that can be controlled by the connect app. Eg, door unlocking/locking etc.

Two questions.

1. What are the additional controllable feature.

2. Does it need a different app than what I am using as I don’t see any Eplus specific options on my existing app.

Anything else interesting feel free to mention.

Thanks.

John and Angela.

webeleafowners said:
Hi all. Our Eplus arrives in March. Apparently the Eplus provides some additional features that can be controlled by the connect app. Eg, door unlocking/locking etc.

Two questions.

1. What are the additional controllable feature.

2. Does it need a different app than what I am using as I don’t see any Eplus specific options on my existing app.

Anything else interesting feel free to mention.

Thanks.

John and Angela.

Yes, unfortunately it is the same app, which means it is still glacially slow. I don’t remember the exact features for 2017 and earlier Leafs, but the features are identical between the Plus and 2018 40kWh Leafs. I believe the new features all require a paid subscription. They include things like locking and unlocking the car through the app (very slow, so I only used it once to make sure I had locked the car), setting different alerts for a valet or teen driver, viewing your car’s location on a map, and setting the temperature when you turn on climate control.

I am using the same version of the Android app with the 2019 SL+ as I was using with the 2015 (Nissan Connect EV & Services Version 6.3.7). The additional features such as lock/unlock, valet alert, speed alert, etc. are under the menu item "Car Controls". I have not tried them because I did not want the security risk of remote lock/unlock so I did not activate the additional features (trial and then subscription). The features you are familiar with on the older cars work without any additional subscription.

Back