cwerdna
Posts: 11337
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: MNL vs. other Leaf social media

Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:33 pm

Maybe he's talking about kVA? (https://www.adeltd.co.uk/info/what-is-kva.php)

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Posts: 11337
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: MNL vs. other Leaf social media

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:46 pm

Another prob I've seen quite a bit on FB Leaf groups is people posting a problem like being "unable" to charge yet they post almost no info like the symptoms or anything useful to help us diagnose (e.g. beeps, lights on the car or their EVSE, what they've done to confirm it's not charging, whether they tried another EVSE, etc.)

And, in one case, when asked a bunch of questions, they respond but provide little or nothing in the way of useful answers.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GaleHawkins
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:24 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Oct 2019
Leaf Number: 311365
Location: Murray KY

Re: MNL vs. other Leaf social media

Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:51 pm

cwerdna wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:46 pm
Another prob I've seen quite a bit on FB Leaf groups is people posting a problem like being "unable" to charge yet they post almost no info like the symptoms or anything useful to help us diagnose (e.g. beeps, lights on the car or their EVSE, what they've done to confirm it's not charging, whether they tried another EVSE, etc.)

And, in one case, when asked a bunch of questions, they respond but provide little or nothing in the way of useful answers.
Clearly the era of EV geeks is passing quickly.

DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 2203
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: MNL vs. other Leaf social media

Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:00 pm

I would agree. Tesla has a lot of education work to do given how fast their user base is expanding and they have moved from geeks to more mainstream.
2019 S Plus (98.06% SOH) & 2019 SV Plus (94.77% SOH) Both Silver
2013 Leaf SV sold 2019 with 11 bars
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max Miles on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max Miles on 19 SV+: 242 Highway miles @ 4.5 miles/kWh

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 15781
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: MNL vs. other Leaf social media

Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:00 pm

Clearly the era of EV geeks is passing quickly.
So begins the era of EV Idiots.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GaleHawkins
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:24 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Oct 2019
Leaf Number: 311365
Location: Murray KY

Re: MNL vs. other Leaf social media

Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:10 am

LeftieBiker wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:00 pm
Clearly the era of EV geeks is passing quickly.
So begins the era of EV Idiots.
I see it more as a continuation of ICE idiots.

For years I have asked guys the size of their engines or speeds of automatic transmission only to get a blank stare.

The few posting here are not the norm. :)

With car ownership about to drop like a rock as the robo taxi technology moves to the real world many guys being born today will have no reason to ever own a car must less learn to drive one.

dmacarthur
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:00 pm
Delivery Date: 03 Jul 2018
Leaf Number: 306556
Location: Vermont

Re: MNL vs. other Leaf social media

Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:10 am

The era of EV non-geeks is maybe a better description- most people who see our 2019 Leaf have no idea that it is electric, which disappoints me but probably makes it more acceptable to the ones who should be driving them- every commuter and grocery shopper n the world. Of course, we need eventually to get to mass transit but from our location deep in the woods this is a ways off....
2015 Leaf sold
2019 Leaf Plus S as of 9/30/19

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 5802
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: MNL vs. other Leaf social media

Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:44 am

GaleHawkins wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:10 am
LeftieBiker wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:00 pm
Clearly the era of EV geeks is passing quickly.
So begins the era of EV Idiots.
I see it more as a continuation of ICE idiots.

For years I have asked guys the size of their engines or speeds of automatic transmission only to get a blank stare.

The few posting here are not the norm. :)

With car ownership about to drop like a rock as the robo taxi technology moves to the real world many guys being born today will have no reason to ever own a car must less learn to drive one.
Not so sure we'll be riding Johnny Cab anytime soon. Not only is the last 1% of the problem fiendishly difficult, there will still be accidents. And who is liable when an algorithm is driving?
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”