cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Re: people getting rid of their Leafs/EVs/PHEVs and going back to ICEVs

Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:39 pm

Someone at my work who I know from our EV/EV charging community emailed me saying she returned her Bolt at end of lease today.

She already has two ICEVs and said she doesn't anticipate driving for another couple of months. We're still supposed to WFH unless we have issues that make it tough/impossible to WFH. She doesn't know if she'll get another EV but isn't in the market right now.

Prior to Bolt, she previously leased a 24 kWh Leaf. Her commute was long enough that w/former 24 kWh Leaf she had to charge on both ends but not necessarily to full on both ends.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

SalisburySam
Delivery Date: 24 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 018156

Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:19 am

cwerdna wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:38 pm
I receive some papers every year where they decided to raise or lower my rates and I have no say in it.
Would it be possible, and maybe advisable, to change insurers? Or at least threaten to do so by claiming a lower premium for similar coverage with a competitor? Regrettably, loyalty has no reward anymore.
Nissan 2012 LEAF SL, 13,500 miles, 9 bars, 35-mile range

Tesla Model 3: Long Range Rear Wheel Drive | Extended AutoPilot | Full Self-Driving | HW3 Upgrade
Delivered: July, 2018 | 15,500 miles | PM me for Tesla referral code

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:12 pm

SalisburySam wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:19 am
cwerdna wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:38 pm
I receive some papers every year where they decided to raise or lower my rates and I have no say in it.
Would it be possible, and maybe advisable, to change insurers? Or at least threaten to do so by claiming a lower premium for similar coverage with a competitor? Regrettably, loyalty has no reward anymore.
I've dug into changing insurance companies every now and then. I looked into one that is supposed to be amongst the cheapest in my area and it didn't seem like it'd be much less. Another problem is that cheapest company doesn't have umbrella insurance. Auto insurance maxes out at too low a coverage so I need umbrella from somewhere.

As for threaten to leave because someone else is cheaper, I've not heard of that working w/auto insurance. I talk to an agent that I was assigned and it doesn't seem like he has any say in the rates. We can play with adjusting coverage and deductibles. That's about it.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”