Timer Climate Control: FIXED temperature?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coffee_Slurry

This pre heats or pre cools the vehicle
to a factory preset temperature in the passenger
compartment before driving while the charger is
connected to vehicle. This help reduce power
consumption from the Li-ion battery.
As the temperature is set to the factory default
setting, the user cannot adjust the temperature.
Not what I was expecting. I wonder what the default is?
Also, timer control might not work on 120v.

No mention of Remote climate control being fixed or adjustable temperature. I would hope it's "whatever the user set it to".
Remote control a/c can run for 2 hours with AC, or 15 minutes on battery.

FIXED temperature(s) is not very useful.

It is not necessarily ONE temperature, but could be two, something like heat to 65 and cool to 76.

Seems like using your last-used temperature would be possible.

And, actually setting the heat-to and cool-to temperatues would seem easy to do, at least when inside the car.

On the iPhone app, when running in "Demo" mode, the climate control can be turned on or off. I do not see a choice to set the temperature setpoint. This is consistent with the manual excerpt that Groundloop posted. In the iPhone app it says this after I press the button to turn on climate control, " Please note that the AC on/off process might take up to five minutes to complete". So plan ahead.

I can't find where the statement is, but I remember reading in the manual something that indicated the temperature set-point can be reconfigured. But until I can locate that statement, pls take it with a grain of salt.

I remember being told that it was a "Set point" temperature. Your remote choice is on or off, not designate a new temperature.

My understanding at the time was that it was the last temperature you had set the climate control to.

But I didn't worry about it much, as I expected firmware and app updates to correct that.

Back to the top.

Looking for an answer. What temperature does the timer climate control set to?

1. 78 degrees like my salesman said
2. my last temperature setting
3. something else

DrRocket said:
Back to the top.

Looking for an answer. What temperature does the timer climate control set to?

1. 78 degrees like my salesman said
2. my last temperature setting
3. something else
Answer is #3 (although your salesman was close). From the Leaf service manual:
"Timer Air Conditioning Control--
When all of the following conditions are satisfied, VCM activates the timer air conditioner so that the room temperature
reaches 25 °C (77°F) before the scheduled departure time
."

This temp is not user selectable, although it could be changed by Nissan in future firmware updates, based on user feedback.
TT

It would be more logical to have it go by whatever temperature you have set for automatic climate control. I'd like to see more logic in the UI design.

Question:

This feature works using the electricity from the slow charger even if it already stopped charging the car long time ago?
Example: I put my car to charge at 6 pm and it finishes let's say at 2 am, I set the auto climate control to depart 7 am

Cheers

The climate control is powered by the car's battery pack only. If it is plugged it it will also start to charge, but there is no direct connection between the EVSE and the climate control. This means that if the EVSE supplies less power than the climate control uses, there will be a net loss of charge even with the car plugged in and charging.

Some clarification for this old thread: Remote c!imate control temperature setting is fixed at 25C or 77F on 2011 and 2012 LEAFs. Later cars have menu item to set desired remote climate control temperature.

Back