Rain-X de-icer for propilot front camera

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillmj24

Bought some of this in an orange bottle with some of my Advance Auto rewards dollars.

It's been frosty in the mornings lately, and fog on the inside of the windshield. I have been pre-heating the car while plugged in before I leave in the morning, but the camera looking front is sealed off, so it only heats up via conduction of the warmed glass, not warm air of the cabin hitting it directly. I didn't notice until after a few miles, I got a sudden yellow flashing lane warning alert, vibrating steering wheel, and one of the 2 collision warning lights lit up (presumably the front one, they're too similar IMHO). It was still frosty/foggy on the outside of the windshield there when I got to where I was going, but I rubbed it dry with my glove so for the trip home there were no warnings after I restarted the car.

The next day I tried my de-icer spray and that prevented any such errors. I suppose the car's windshield washer fluid will hit this part of the windshield too....

So this morning right before arriving at work, I got a similar error, but this time "Camera Temperature Too High".

It was no more than 75F inside, and outside was 15F when I started and 23F when I got to work.

Again, turning car off and back on after I was parked, the error did not reappear.

Me too. I was surprised. This seems like the kind of thing the dealer will not replicate and if they gave me a loaner it would be a Sentra which I don't need.

Just passed 1000 miles this weekend.

Hello,

I have had my Nissan leaf SL Plus for over 30 days. They flashing light started on day 3. First drive to work. It turned off my Pro Pilot while I was going 60+MPH in 60 degree weather. The light has been off and on leaving no error message.

My car as been in back to the dealer 2 times with multiple pictures and videos, the dealer has not been able to recreate the light. No frost or debris on the front end of the car.

Attached is a link to my Google photos. https://photos.app.goo.gl/xbowKih7Cfq8D8Dr5

Back