Wetness in the car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aliastar

Hi there!
I hope you're doing well! I'm out in Bordeaux for a business trip and I'll stay here for a while. I noticed that it's wet and muggy in the car, I think this is because of the climate and I consider buying something like a dehumidifier without a tank. Any recommendations are welcome!

Humidity inside the car should be condensed and drained out if you run the air conditioner on "recirculate."

Your complaint of wetness is all relative. What do you mean? What shows that it is muggy?

Muggy can be a smell, or wetness can mean that the windows fog up every time you close the windows? There is a great range...

If the windows are fogged:

Take off the floor mats and check for wet spots along the bottom of the windows, windshield, and doors.

Check all the carpets for wet areas. The highest part of the carpet will be more wet.

If it is a warm day (65+) drive the car with all windows open,

make sure you park the car in the hot sun so that the water will evaporate.

check the trunk for wet carpeting

check for rust stains in the car all around

Make sure that all the windows and doors close correctly and do not leak.

If you did not find wet areas, run the air conditioner every time you drive and see if the insides keep on staying wet... Then you know you have a leak..

Mine has a leak into the boot/trunk if a hose is used to rinse it off after washing it. It rarely happens in normal rain though. It appears from under the trim in the panel that forms the rear of the car and saturates the carpet. So far I have been unable to track down where it actually comes in.

Back