Ok, this is only 1 day of data so far and I only had two trips to compare vs. previous, but two routes that I do, one is 7 miles long, the other is 25 miles long. Both involve speeds of 55 MPH and lower, they are useful because they are roads with no stop signs, traffic lights, same speed limit, etc. As long as I don't run into any obstacles to slow me down or make me have to detour, I can run them over and over with the same cruise control settings and get pretty consistent numbers on efficiency.
So, normally, my 7 mile route gets me 4.5 m/kWh, today I got 5.0, which surprised me, but it could be a fluke of the temperature or weather. That is the kind of numbers I got on my old 2013, so that looked promising.
Now, the 25 mile route, usually get a lot less because of the rolling hills and such, so I've been getting about 4.2 m/kWh. That day, I got a 4.8 m/kWh, so again, this could be weather related or maybe I just had some really good tail wind, but I can say that so far, it seems to be working in positive direction, but I am not going to get excited by the results until I get a lot more numbers on, especially repeats on those routes to see if that was just a fluke driving that day.