coolfilmaker
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:55 pm
Delivery Date: 29 Jul 2011

Re: Find My Car Smarter App/Device

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:19 pm

DurkaDurka wrote:Anyone know of an iPhone equivalent app that would automatically log the location of the car based on dropped BT?
Yes. It's called find my car smarter.

DurkaDurka
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:07 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Jan 2011

Re: Find My Car Smarter App/Device

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:32 am

Sorry, I meant to say that does not require the BT USB and an iphone 4S. :)

coolfilmaker
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:55 pm
Delivery Date: 29 Jul 2011

Re: Find My Car Smarter App/Device

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:59 am

DurkaDurka wrote:Sorry, I meant to say that does not require the BT USB and an iphone 4S. :)
I know. That was my point. :lol:

User avatar
garygid
Gold Member
Posts: 12469
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:10 am
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000855
Location: Laguna Hills, Orange Co, CA

Re: Find My Car Smarter App/Device

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:21 am

Very-Smart Car Finder:
When you park, instead of just locking and blindly heading for the "store", take a brief moment to Stretch (for health), and look around at more distant features of your surroundings, noting how poles, trees, and buildings line up in two more-or-less right-angle directions.

Later, when you come back, do not even look at the cars. Just look at those (remembered) features, getting the objects you chose (in both directions) lined up as they were when you "stretched".

When they line up, THEN look for your car. You will probably be standing right near it!

Practice a couple of times and you will be amazed at your accuracy.

And, it helps keep your brain healthy as well.
See SOC/GID-Meter and CAN-Do Info
2010 Prius
2011 LEAF, 2014 Tesla S85
2018 & 2019 Tesla Model 3
PU: SDG&E
Solar PV: 33 x 225W -> 7 kW max AC
Craigslist: Xm5000Li Electric Motorcycle

padamson1
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 4:58 pm
Delivery Date: 27 Oct 2011
Leaf Number: 9240
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Find My Car Smarter App/Device

Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:06 pm

garygid wrote:Very-Smart Car Finder:
When you park, instead of just locking and blindly heading for the "store", take a brief moment to Stretch (for health), and look around at more distant features of your surroundings, noting how poles, trees, and buildings line up in two more-or-less right-angle directions.

Later, when you come back, do not even look at the cars. Just look at those (remembered) features, getting the objects you chose (in both directions) lined up as they were when you "stretched".

When they line up, THEN look for your car. You will probably be standing right near it!

Practice a couple of times and you will be amazed at your accuracy.

And, it helps keep your brain healthy as well.
LMAO. My daughter used my wife's car the other day (which doesn't have a GPS) and complained she couldn't get anywhere b/c her phone was dead and she couldn't use GoogleMaps.

Yes we are truly enabling a society that can't do anything that everybody 40yrs ago could easily do without any batteries...

coolfilmaker
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:55 pm
Delivery Date: 29 Jul 2011

Re: Find My Car Smarter App/Device

Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:29 pm

padamson1 wrote:
Yes we are truly enabling a society that can't do anything that everybody 40yrs ago could easily do without any batteries...
You realize that you just said that on an electric car forum right?

User avatar
garygid
Gold Member
Posts: 12469
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:10 am
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000855
Location: Laguna Hills, Orange Co, CA

Re: Find My Car Smarter App/Device

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:36 pm

In the Olden Days people would bicycle to the store, or walk to school, or to the moving picture show.

Now, there would not be much left of the "modern" world if we lost electricity, or had a massive EMP.

But, having "EV" is sweet, compared to having gas! :o :D
See SOC/GID-Meter and CAN-Do Info
2010 Prius
2011 LEAF, 2014 Tesla S85
2018 & 2019 Tesla Model 3
PU: SDG&E
Solar PV: 33 x 225W -> 7 kW max AC
Craigslist: Xm5000Li Electric Motorcycle

padamson1
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 4:58 pm
Delivery Date: 27 Oct 2011
Leaf Number: 9240
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Find My Car Smarter App/Device

Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:52 am

coolfilmaker wrote:
padamson1 wrote:
Yes we are truly enabling a society that can't do anything that everybody 40yrs ago could easily do without any batteries...
You realize that you just said that on an electric car forum right?
Well now that you mention it...no I didn't...GP. :oops:

However I still believe we rely too much on machines to do things that we could easily do on our own or with non-powered technology (portable phones, tablets, trash compactors, electric assist bikes, GPS, Kindles, vacuum cleaners, ...). They are wonderfully convenient devices, but we should be able to live without them but for some reason nobody can.

Are we really in such a hurry that we can't spend 10secs when we get out of the car to imprint a memory so we can find it later?

Return to “Accessories / Mods”