OEM Quality Plug In Powered Badge for your Leaf!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windpoweredleaf

New Product for your leaf!

Update! The shipment arrived today. We will be taking official products pics and posting them by Monday. In the meantime, here is a quick snapshot of the badge.

photo_4_grande.jpg

Here goes...

Our personal interest and involvement with the EV movement inspired us to develop an OEM-quality badge that,
when placed on the back of an electric vehicle, lets people know that it is powered by a plug. Each badge comes
with a serial number unique to you and your vehicle. Please checkout the below rendered image. Our hope is that
the plug in badge will become a symbol that bands together us early adopters of the vehicles, while auto companies
are currently trying to divide us based on technology.

It carries a simple message: Any vehicle with a plug is a good technology.

Our company intends to support Plug In America with 10% of the proceeds. The production is in full swing with delivery
time to early adopters set for the end of this month.

You will receive:
1. One (1) Plug In Powered Badge (7"*1.2")
2. Serialized Certificate (order now to receive an early production number)
3. Warm fuzzy feeling knowing that 10% of the sale is being donated to Plug In America

Simply Click Here to Reserve your Badge today.

We look forward to having you as one of the group!

Pay $35 ($5 per square inch) to advertise your logo?

Not for me, Thanks.

If you sent it free, I MIGHT put it on, perhaps not.

If it said "100% Plug-in Powered" (or some such verbage),
I might buy it, perhaps for $5.

But, Cheers, and Good Luck.

garygid said:
...If it said "100% Plug-in Powered" (or some such verbage),
I might buy it, perhaps for $5. ...
These guys are all about solidarity for all plug in vehicles, where most of us here are interested in adding something that specifically conveys that our cars are NOT hybrids.

P.S. the whole plug logo is way too subtle to do any good on the road, anyway.

garygid said:
If it said "100% Plug-in Powered" (or some such verbage)
davewill said:
the whole plug logo is way too subtle to do any good on the road, anyway.
+1
That's my main objection to this. Though I really do like the elegance and ingenuity behind the E plug idea. If they could apply that same aesthetic to something a little more obvious, I'd be down for one...

GeekEV said:
garygid said:
If it said "100% Plug-in Powered" (or some such verbage)
davewill said:
the whole plug logo is way too subtle to do any good on the road, anyway.
+1
That's my main objection to this. Though I really do like the elegance and ingenuity behind the E plug idea. If they could apply that same aesthetic to something a little more obvious, I'd be down for one...

Hey guys, just wanted to chime in here. Couple things:

The badge is not our logo but a unifying symbol. I could understand if it was a badge that says "EV Badges". The idea is to have something that all plug in vehicles can mount to their car to show that any vehicle with a plug is a good technology. That its not about leaf vs. "this other vehicle", etc.

As for subtlety, I completely understand that some folks like things straight forward while others prefer a low key, subtle approach. To each his own.

Can you make one similar that will fit on the back hatch that says "This car uses no gas, it has no gas tank and is NOT a hybrid! It is 100% electric."

Would that cost more than $100 ?

EVDRIVER said:
Can you make one similar that will fit on the back hatch that says "This car uses no gas, it has no gas tank and is NOT a hybrid! It is 100% electric."

I take it you are in the "straight-forward" group? :) Just kidding.

You want this to be a decal or a badge like one posted above?

Update! Just updated the original post. The shipment arrived today. We will be taking official products pics and posting them by Monday. In the meantime, here is a quick snapshot of the badge.

photo_4_grande.jpg

windpoweredleaf said:
EVDRIVER said:

I take you are in the "straight-forward" group? :) Just kidding.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EVDRIVER said:
windpoweredleaf said:
EVDRIVER said:

I take you are in the "straight-forward" group? :) Just kidding.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and..... you were joking. I got it. :)

windpoweredleaf said:
EVDRIVER said:

I think he wants a full body wrap with message on every panel big and bold. ;)

smkettner said:
windpoweredleaf said:
EVDRIVER said:

I think he wants a full body wrap with message on every panel big and bold. ;)

We should take it one step further. Grocery style neon signs in every window. :)

Back