Nissan LEAF JDM Charging Port Cover

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
From brightonuk.

Install instructions:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B3SYHt_rpvYyODg5ODg3ZmUtMzkyZC00MTZhLWFmZDctMDYwZWMyNGQ2Njk0&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

318595_10150351987684844_704969843_8054060_123648594_n.jpg

311442_10150351987724844_704969843_8054062_1806560219_n.jpg

300077_10150351987714844_704969843_8054061_1806626224_n.jpg

297138_10150351987749844_704969843_8054063_1443910544_n.jpg

Awesome, thank you for the detailed pictures; now i can see how it works and how it locks and releases from the port cover.

I think the way it works is:
1. Open the charging port lid on the car
2. Connect the J1772
3. Place the black "port cover" against the bottom and it will "click" in place
4. Close the lid until it clicks locked against the black "cover"

then,
1. Open the lid from inside the vehicle (the cover stays with the lid
2. Press the orange release lever to remove the cover from the car's lid
3. Unplug the J1772
4. Close the lid

If I could justify the use of it (i.e. if we had any usable number of charging stations in this state) I would buy one from JP or the UK

amtoro said:
I think the way it works is:
1. Open the charging port lid on the car
2. Connect the J1772
3. Place the black "port cover" against the bottom and it will "click" in place
4. Close the lid until it clicks locked against the black "cover"

then,
1. Open the lid from inside the vehicle (the cover stays with the lid
2. Press the orange release lever to remove the cover from the car's lid
3. Unplug the J1772
4. Close the lid

If I could justify the use of it (i.e. if we had any usable number of charging stations in this state) I would buy one from JP or the UK

That's how I thought it would work too, but that's not quite how it works. Earlier somebody posted a link to video in Japanese that shows how it works. The orange things on the sides slide into mating orange things that must be installed on the charge port door. That holds the "lock" to the charge port door. When you close it, it locks the same way the regular charge port door locks when closed.

I think the document permissions need updating to allow public viewing - I'm getting a permissions error.

Also, where did you order it from and if you don't mind sharing cost for unit & shipping.

EricBayArea said:
I think the document permissions need updating to allow public viewing - I'm getting a permissions error.

I guess so. Here is a link to the "open" version:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B3SYHt_rpvYyODg5ODg3ZmUtMzkyZC00MTZhLWFmZDctMDYwZWMyNGQ2Njk0&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, I ordered this Charging Port Cover from a website about two weeks ago
http://www.japanparts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just got my package from USPS today by EMS.

The total cost for my order was 25,885 Yen (shipped) to Los Angeles.

The installation and user guide are in Japanese only, but pretty much the same as the document posted by mwalsh. Thanks mwalsh!

Took me like 20mins to install, fairly easy (especially for a person like me, who is not handy AT ALL :oops:
The orange clip marked "L" should be installed on the driver side (US) of the car, with the "shorter" opening facing UP (with lid opened)
The orange clip marked "R" should be installed on the passenger side (US) of the car, with the "shorter" opening facing UP also.

The Part number from Nissan Japan is K9002-3NC0A according to the invoice in the package.

I asked about this charge port cover using a form from the website.

3 days later, they told me they added the part to their database, and the part number is cali4-LEAF-001 (not Nissan part number, that's their internal part #)
I just tried to use this number to search on their website, and seems this number is still valid.

I don't know how to post pictures on this forum, but if needed, someone can teach me how to (or refer me to a "how to" page) and I will post the pic of the installed cover on my Leaf.

Please note, I am NOT affiliated with Japanparts.com or the any online store. Please shop around and use the online vendor you trust with good reputation to make this purchase.
I was a bit eager to get this cover and jumped the gun without doing much research on the reputation of this site, but my purchase experience was very smooth, they sent me multiple e-mail(s) along the order process.

surfsnow said:
So, I ordered this Charging Port Cover from a website about two weeks ago
http://www.japanparts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just got my package from USPS today by EMS.

The total cost for my order was 25,885 Yen (shipped) to Los Angeles.
..........................snip
.......... or $340 ....... for all us poor folk
:shock:

I think it's a very cool contraption and idea. A great way to lock the charger in. However, I'm not interested in paying that much for a piece of plastic. If it were $100 I'd consider it - maybe even $150... but at the current price, kudos to those who have it - it looks pretty awesome.

Maybe someone on this forum who has the manufacturing means can come up with something similar. "MyNissanLeaf.com Charge Port Covers" ;)

Back