Clear Bra... Just got one

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geolizleaf

After getting two small chips in the bumper paint, I decided to get a clear bra for my Leaf. It came out very nice, too bad I didn't do it before getting the two chips. I'd post pictures, but it's pretty hard to see. which is what I wanted.. I've had one on my G35 for 7 years, and it's still pretty clean. didn't yellow or crack. For the Leaf got the 3M version installed here in Tucson at Affordable Tint for 499.. Still want to get the Katzkin leather. that will have to wait a couple of months I guess.

One they have had a pattern from the start but I like a hand cut bra I got.

Two the OEM is a joke only covers the charge door not bumper or hood.

smkettner said:
Have you seen the OEM bra? How does the coverage compare?

I had canceled the Protection Package and even received a confirmation email from someone at the Port, but it was still on there when I got the car. The sales guy said it wasn't meant to protect like a regular clear bra would, but just to protect the part where the charging cord may rub against the car. That's exactly what it does. I did notice that the side mirrors have clear plastic protection on them and also at the bottom of the wheel wells.

The clear bra I had installed covers the whole hood and fenders even under the turn signal and splash guards, about 8" strip on top of the car as well as up both post on the side of the windshield.

I just found an installer in the Atlanta Area, they have the template from XPEL for their 8 mil film.

Could we compile here the manufacturers that have templates for the LEAF and the prices those of you who have had them installed paid for the installed product?

To start:

Manufacturer: XPEL
Templates: Entire bumper and grille, hood+fender+mirrors, cargo area
Price: Quoted from Image Protection Film in Doraville, GA; between $500 and $600 over the phone (he was not at the office but on the road at the moment I called him) for everything except the cargo area.

**Edit**

I found that ClearMask has the template for their 3M films, I got a quote for the charging port lid, bumper, mirrors, hood and fenders for $267, free shipping, no tax... but it is a DIY kit that comes with application tools and a few freebies. (could it be that hard to do it yourself?) :?

I'm thinking unless you've installed it before 499 installed for the 3M kit is worth it.. a lot of curves up front. By the way the price included Door Cups, Door Edges, Charge port door, Hood, Bumper and a little of the fenders. Looks really good, ( but hard to photo)

Now just need to order my leather interior.. plan to order Katzkin Lt Grey.. it matches the dash pretty well.

I talked again to the installer in Doraville and he came back with $550 for the entire kit including the rear bumper. I said yes to him and I will call him when I have definitive delivery date. This is the very first thing I want to have done in the car.

amtoro said:
I just found an installer in the Atlanta Area, they have the template from XPEL for their 8 mil film.

Could we compile here the manufacturers that have templates for the LEAF and the prices those of you who have had them installed paid for the installed product?

To start:

Manufacturer: XPEL
Templates: Entire bumper and grille, hood+fender+mirrors, cargo area
Price: Quoted from Image Protection Film in Doraville, GA; between $500 and $600 over the phone (he was not at the office but on the road at the moment I called him) for everything except the cargo area.

**Edit**

I found that ClearMask has the template for their 3M films, I got a quote for the charging port lid, bumper, mirrors, hood and fenders for $267, free shipping, no tax... but it is a DIY kit that comes with application tools and a few freebies. (could it be that hard to do it yourself?) :?

You might want to check with Image Protection Films, as he is XPEL trained and has access to cut films using XPEL templates, but does not carry XPEL film. You'll want to make sure you received the correct warranty card/information for the specific film that was used on your vehicle.

Congratulations on your purchase!

I learned that getting clear bra/protection package is just a waste of money, when you sell/trade in, those little imperfections don't affect the sale price. As a matter of fact I had a few paint damages where the clear bra wouldn't go and that made no difference. Clear plasti dip is more cost effective if you absolutely have to protect something.

XPELJeff said:
amtoro said:

You might want to check with Image Protection Films, as he is XPEL trained and has access to cut films using XPEL templates, but does not carry XPEL film. You'll want to make sure you received the correct warranty card/information for the specific film that was used on your vehicle.

Congratulations on your purchase!

That was a long time ago; I had the film installed by Paul @ Image Protection Films in December when I took delivery of the LEAF. Since, he has also done my father-in-law's *HUGE* Harley trike.

Back