Any Chance of another group buy for the Okole Seat Covers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brightonuk

As there are more and more people getting or getting close to their Leaf delivery date I was thinking another group buy for the Okole seat covers as they seem to be very well recived. Or if anyone has another brand that will work and we can get a volume discount on.

I do not mind organizing it just need to know if it is viable and how to go about it (Rake if you could PM me with any info on how to approach Okole, contact person, min order etc?)
Thanks

marccbr said:
Has anyone ever tried the Coverkings.com genuine leather and leatherette covers? I was only able to find the front seats though.

I personally was not looking for the leather option so let’s get all those interested in the Okole (I need numbers folks) and I can reach out to them.

Anyone know the minimum order for a discount

I have reached out to Okole to see if they will consider another qty purchase so if all those interested could PM me with there contact details to keep it in order.
I will update the tread as soon as I get a responce from them I am hoping to get the same deal as before, shipping may be a issue as this time I am assuming we are nationwide and not just on the West Coast.
Regardless let me try to work somthing out with Okole and go from there.

Do they still offer the option to have a humuhumunukunukuapua’a embroidered into the seat? If so I will likely be in.

EVDRIVER said:
Do they still offer the option to have a humuhumunukunukuapua’a embroidered into the seat? If so I will likely be in.

Damn you evdriver, you made me look it up..yes more money for Google!

OK some good and bad news:
Okole’s policy is only to run one group buy promo at a time (This is to keep the production within a reasonable period) and at present they are running one for a Toyota group.

They will be willing to take another group buy from us in mid October, the parameters to get a discount and I assume that discount is 20% will be an order of not less than 100 units
2 front seats = 1 unit
1 back = 1 unit.

Another issue that may come up is on a group buy there is no return if you pick the wrong color.

His point being, as some of us may order seat covers before we have or cars (think that is about 90%) when your car arrives if the color is a little different he cannot be responsible if the color option you choose or any WAF issues.
That’s fair as each cover is a custom made.

I will keep all the PM's and reach out to you via this tread if and when I can arrange a group buy with Okole.

In the mean time if anyone has another option let us know. There was a suggestion of leather, which is not my scene, but if it is yours then post the idea here.

If we all work together to try for group buys on anything not just seat covers we can help each other to save a buck, and the price of gas at $3.50 a gallon we all need to save $$$

Brightonuk said:
If we all work together to try for group buys on anything not just seat covers we can help each other to save a buck, and the price of gas at $3.50 a gallon we all need to save $$$

$4.15 here in paradise

Brightonuk said:
OK some good and bad news:
They will be willing to take another group buy from us in mid October, the parameters to get a discount and I assume that discount is 20% will be an order of not less than 100 units
2 front seats = 1 unit
1 back = 1 unit.

mid-october is really not that far away. sounds like we need 50 people interested assuming everyone buys front and back covers. it will probably take until mid-october to get 50 people signed up, don't you think? in other words the timing is perfect and we should be encouraging people to sign up now.

Agreed

I have folks sending me PM and only have about 7 so far based on the assumption that it will be mid October please only send me a PM if you intend to follow through.
I do not want to end up short due to people not honoring their commitment and I will come to your house to harass you for payment.
(as long as you are not more than 38 miles away from Plantation FL.)

Back