OEM Wet Okole heated seat controls?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QueenBee

I tried searching as I figured this would have already been discussed but didn't come up with much. Has anyone figured out if it is going to be possible to use the new OEM Nissan heated seat controls with after market heated seats such as the the ones Wet Okole sells? The ones it comes with are pretty lame :(

I'm curious about this too. I'm buying aftermarket seat heaters and wanted to use the stock switches if possible. I wonder what other Nissan models they're equal to, if any. Does anyone know what Nissan used for the rear seats in the Leaf, and where they're located? I assume that the blank switches on the front of the console (near the USB port) on the 2011s are used for the front switches only...

Then there's the power source. I just quickly scanned the wiring schematic in the service manual and I didn't see a good point to tap into the 12V system with 5A current draw per seat.

Finally got my Okole seat covers for the 2012 and following are my thoughts on the fit and finish and a couple of tips on installation

Before we ordered a set the wife noticed that in all the photos on MNL were 2011 Leaf's and there was no rear heater switch so we contacted Steve at Okole.
He sent us a passenger back cover and we marked the placement of the switch along with measurements placement size etc.
I had also mentioned to him that the Leaf covers are secured under the seat with hooks that hook onto a 1" crossbar and that the Okole hooks did not work as they were way too small.

So after returning the template we waited, and in two weeks our covers arrived.
They are in two pieces top (back of the seat) and the seat

The covers fit ok, personally I think 5% smaller would offer a snugger fit especially on the seat part.

The hooks that hold the back part did not get changed consequently you are struggling trying to find a place to attach them, switching to a hook like the OEM or at least a 1" would of made installation so much easier.

The hole for the driver lumbar needs to be 2" higher (see photo) as it does not allow the cover to conform to the seat.

The hole for the heater switch is also a little off it needs to be moved forward about an inch.

The "e" insignia on the seats is an iron on transfer, I would think that for the price of these covers you would get something embodied.

The covers overall look great and the grey/charcoal IMO is the best match for the Leaf. I do not think there is a better looking aftermarket seat cover, apart from the leather option, if I was keeping my Leaf I would get the leather.

A couple of tips.
If you do remove the seats (to install the Okole covers in a 2012 you have no choice)

The metal base of the seat will tear up the plastic trim if you rub against it so when you move the seat be careful!

Be careful of the wiring harness there is not too much play in the length don’t lift the seat too high just tip it an rest in on the dash

When reinstating the seat bolts DO NOT CROSS THREAD THEM! yes I am shouting as I did just that! Thinking wow these are tight DHU!!!! and on both the front bolts.

I had to re-tap the holes (M10.1.5mm) and replace the OEM bolts with two silver colored bolts as I could not find the OEM style at my local auto parts stores (gonna call the dealer Monday).

It takes two to install these, four hands make the install easier than two.

Took about a 1.5 hours for both

I have not tackled the rear yet.

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 223
Brightonuk said:
The hole for the heater switch is also a little off it needs to be moved forward about an inch.

Would you happen to know if they have incorporated the hole into their pattern going forward? If I order covers for my 2012 will it be there or would I have to make a similar special request?

The covers overall look great and the grey/charcoal IMO is the best match for the Leaf.

How did you order this combination? From what I can make out, they only have a limited number of colors available for "full piping" (single-color covers), all of the other options seem to come with BLACK side panels?

Thanks!

They have the pattern so just order the set for a 2012

You can't order this combo from the site call Okole and talk to Steve he will help you out.

I would point out to him regarding the points I made especially the Lumber slit (is just that a slit in the neoprene) tell them to raise it 2" and ask if they have changed to 1' hooks on the front

You will not be disappointed in the Okole they are still the best looking cover I have seen

FYI, I ordered a set for the 2012 and they did not come with a hole for the rear heat switches. It's rare that we'll use them and I can operate them by feel anyway so I didn't bother sending them back for retrofit. But I'd suggest to anyone ordering to speak to someone there to make doubly sure that the new pattern has been propagated in their product line.

We ended up going with camo covers, for their dog-hair hiding abilities :) Also the woodland pattern fits with the "LEAF" theme, imho! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMG_1438.jpg
    IMG_1438.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 81
Back