Leaf Accessories that are available in Japan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrientExpress

They have some interesting ones:

Here is a translated page describing these accessories.

Illuminated front logo
dop_th_01.jpg

fog Lights with halo ring
dop_th_02.jpg

Charge port anti-tamper cover
dop_th_06.jpg

Charge port light (I like this one)
dop_th_07.jpg

These would be nice additions to the US accessory catalog.

The turn signal equipped mirrors would be nice, too. I'd buy those, along with the charge port light (PLEASE carry that one, Nissan USA) and cover.

MAYBE the illuminated front logo, just because that's kind of cool, but probably not. :)

My brother lives outside of Tokyo. After I get my leaf, I may ask him to buy me some of the smaller accessories. :mrgreen:

That's assuming that some third party doesn't start building them for the domestic market.

The charge-port light is very interesting. Is there a place to plug it in in the US Leaf? Has anyone looked?

/Ted

DoxyLover said:
My brother lives outside of Tokyo. After I get my leaf, I may ask him to buy me some of the smaller accessories. :mrgreen:

/Ted

If you'd like someone else to be the guinea pig, I'd be happy to fund the purchase some of the accessories and install them on my Leaf, and let you know how they work out. If you could get your brother to buy them and ship them over. Let me know, PM me if interested.

Updated with a little help from Google Currency Converter as of 9/27/2011.
OrientExpress said:
They have some interesting ones: Here is a translated page describing these accessories.

Illuminated front logo
27700 JPY = 362.87 USD installed, 20980 JPY = 274.84 USD excluding installation?
dop_th_01.jpg

45700 JPY = 598.67 USD installed, 39820 JPY = 521.64 USD excluding installation?
dop_th_02.jpg

18000 JPY = 235.80 USD installed, 17160 JPY = 224.80 USD excluding installation?
dop_th_06.jpg

18900 JPY = 247.5900 USD installed, 10500 JPY = 137.55 USD excluding installation?
dop_th_07.jpg

ElectricVehicle said:
Updated with a little help from Google Currency Converter as of 9/27/2011.
OrientExpress said:
They have some interesting ones: Here is a translated page describing these accessories.

Illuminated front logo
27700 JPY = 362.87 USD installed, 20980 JPY = 274.84 USD excluding installation?
dop_th_01.jpg

45700 JPY = 598.67 USD installed, 39820 JPY = 521.64 USD excluding installation?
dop_th_02.jpg

18000 JPY = 235.80 USD installed, 17160 JPY = 224.80 USD excluding installation?
dop_th_06.jpg

18900 JPY = 247.5900 USD installed, 10500 JPY = 137.55 USD excluding installation?
dop_th_07.jpg

Those prices can't be for real, are they? This is a joke??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

derkraut said:
Those prices can't be for real, are they? This is a joke??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
The currency conversions I did are consistent with the information in this thread LEAF accessories Japan Vs US .
1. "Blue Coordination" lighting options. Blue-color LED illumination for the front logo, around the fog lights, and for the front license plate holder. Costs range from about $150 for the license plate lighting system to $500 for the fog lamp set.
6. Nissan Lock to lock charger into place while charging. (About $35) Any lock of the right size would work, but its nice to see a Nissan option.
8. Charging port light: We've all probably seen the need for this, but at over $200 I don't know....

DoxyLover said:
The charge-port light is very interesting. Is there a place to plug it in in the US Leaf? Has anyone looked?
/Ted

If you need one, you can buy a nice magnetic LED charge port light from Lowe's for about $15.

OrientExpress said:
LEAFfan said:
If you need one, you can buy a nice magnetic LED charge port light from Lowe's for about $15.
I went to Lowe's today, but could not find this light. Pictures or SKU number would be great.
Don't forget to add your product review about how well it works to light up the charge port of your Nissan LEAF Electric Vehicle... :)

Lowes - SYLVANIA Motion Sensor Night Light Item #: 320270 | Model #: 72245 $12.98 Also available online at Wayfair - $9.92 + Shipping
046135722455xl.jpg

For the sake of security or prevent vandalism on the charge port (like kids putting gum onto one of the port?), I will totally get one of this.
http://eyevio.jp/movie/420195" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I found the Port Cover in the UK via Nissan

http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/vehicles/electric-vehicles/electric-leaf/leaf/pricing-and-specifications/accessories.html#vehicles/electric-vehicles/electric-leaf/leaf/pricing-and-specifications/accessories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I sent them an email and will wait and see if we can get a group buy
Hi
We are part of a national Leaf owners club in the US and do not have the option to purchase the charging port cover here.
Would you be willing to offer a group buy for this accessory and if so qty and price (A conservative estimated order would be 100+).
I do have a UK address to ship to or if you would be willing to ship them to the US FOB

Thanks
Steve Webb

The cost seems rather high but then again it is the UK and everything is expensive if I do get a positive response we can get an idea of pricing,

I did note it does not include a security lock so is it just for show (What purpose does it serve?)

Thanks for the effort. I also tried to ask one of these Internet JDM parts vendor to see if I can get one from them.

Brightonuk said:
I found the Port Cover in the UK via Nissan

http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/vehicles/electric-vehicles/electric-leaf/leaf/pricing-and-specifications/accessories.html#vehicles/electric-vehicles/electric-leaf/leaf/pricing-and-specifications/accessories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I sent them an email and will wait and see if we can get a group buy
Hi
We are part of a national Leaf owners club in the US and do not have the option to purchase the charging port cover here.
Would you be willing to offer a group buy for this accessory and if so qty and price (A conservative estimated order would be 100+).
I do have a UK address to ship to or if you would be willing to ship them to the US FOB

Thanks
Steve Webb

The cost seems rather high but then again it is the UK and everything is expensive if I do get a positive response we can get an idea of pricing,

I did note it does not include a security lock so is it just for show (What purpose does it serve?)

The Sylvania Motion Sensor Light works very well.

It uses batteries that you might have to replace every 3 or 5 years!

It has a magnetic disc that allows it to "stick" to the underside of the hatch lid.

It has a daylight sensor so it only comes on at night.

It has a motion sensor so that it comes on when somebody comes near.

I have been using mine for about 4 or 5 months - a great solution.

Dear Mr Webb,

Our Ref: 1-26VGCN

Thank you for your e-mail to Nissan on the 07/10/2011 regarding your interest in purchasing charging port lid covers.

If this accessory is not available in the North American market it could be that the charging port lid cover is not compatible with the charging cables used in the US.
I guess this guy is clueless

We would recommend you speak to a UK EV Nissan dealer on this matter. Their parts and accessories department will be able to assist you further with your query.

To locate a UK EV dealer you can use the "dealer locator" at: http://www.nissan.co.uk/#tools/find-it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope this information has been useful. If there is anything else that you feel we may be able to assist with, please do not hesitate to contact us at Nissan Customer Support on 08457 669966 or EV FREE on 0800 027 0075. You may also visit us at http://www.nissan.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for further details on any of our vehicles and for a selection of e-brochures.

Yours Sincerely,

Kenny Brown

Nissan Customer Service EV UK
Opening Hours Mon - Fri: 08.00 - 20.00, Sat: 10.00 - 16.00
Tel: 08457 669966
EV FREE Tel: 0800 027 0075.
Fax: 01923899918
E-mail: [email protected]
EV E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.nissan.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah, seems like they have no clue for Nissan USA neither.
I tried to call the 877 number and I ask the lady on the phone if she can file some sort of request for me. She said I have to call my dealer. :roll:
The logic is just silly IMO, if I actually asked the dealer in US, they gonna call Nissan USA anyway for parts, right?
Anyway, they always try to keep all the cool stuffs in the domestic market in Japan, not just Nissan.
I hope that website I sent the request to will reply me soon.

Brightonuk said:
Dear Mr Webb,

Our Ref: 1-26VGCN

Thank you for your e-mail to Nissan on the 07/10/2011 regarding your interest in purchasing charging port lid covers.

If this accessory is not available in the North American market it could be that the charging port lid cover is not compatible with the charging cables used in the US.
I guess this guy is clueless

We would recommend you speak to a UK EV Nissan dealer on this matter. Their parts and accessories department will be able to assist you further with your query.

To locate a UK EV dealer you can use the "dealer locator" at: http://www.nissan.co.uk/#tools/find-it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope this information has been useful. If there is anything else that you feel we may be able to assist with, please do not hesitate to contact us at Nissan Customer Support on 08457 669966 or EV FREE on 0800 027 0075. You may also visit us at http://www.nissan.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for further details on any of our vehicles and for a selection of e-brochures.

Yours Sincerely,

Kenny Brown

Nissan Customer Service EV UK
Opening Hours Mon - Fri: 08.00 - 20.00, Sat: 10.00 - 16.00
Tel: 08457 669966
EV FREE Tel: 0800 027 0075.
Fax: 01923899918
E-mail: [email protected]
EV E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.nissan.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back