xartle
Delivery Date: 04 Sep 2011

Moving the USB port to the glove box

Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:42 pm

Has anyone else moved the USB plug to the glove box?

Currently I did the quick and dirty, 5 minute job. I left the center console intact and ran the usb cord out of the plug along the firewall (is it still the firewall when I don't have anything to catch fire?) and into the side of the glove box through the access door. (It was really simple, but I can attach pics if anyone is interested.)

I'm curious if anyone has moved the port itself out of the factory position and/or split it so there is a second usb port for charging.

EDIT:

The 5 minute glovebox version

DrillbabyDrill

Re: Moving the USB port to the glove box

Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:58 pm

So do you have a gnome that lives inside your glovebox that controls that ipod?

xartle
Delivery Date: 04 Sep 2011

Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:19 pm

I wish. ;) I have just been using the steering wheel controls with it... I can't do anything from the iPod when it's plugged in?

johnr
Delivery Date: 11 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2151

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Neat arrangement, I like it! I especially like how easy it was to do, and the fact you didn't need to tear apart anything ;)

BTW, you can also use the touch screen to control your ipod.
My trip to Mineral King and the value of regen

Charging stations, electrical adapters, and portable CHAdeMO quick chargers

2011 upgrade: Fossil < Leaf. 2014 upgrade: Leaf < imiev. 2017 upgrade: imiev < tesla. Done upgrading.

EVDRIVER

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Moved mine to the center storage area on day one, no cables showing anywhere and it took about 5 minutes. Took the USB port apart so no cable plugged in on the outside.

EVDRIVER

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:29 pm

xartle wrote:Has anyone else moved the USB plug to the glove box?

Currently I did the quick and dirty, 5 minute job. I left the center console intact and ran the usb cord out of the plug along the firewall (is it still the firewall when I don't have anything to catch fire?) and into the side of the glove box through the access door. (It was really simple, but I can attach pics if anyone is interested.)

I'm curious if anyone has moved the port itself out of the factory position and/or split it so there is a second usb port for charging.

EDIT:

The 5 minute glovebox version

]

You can do it so the USB cable is hidden and attached below by disassembling the connector- FYI

Return to “Accessories / Mods”