Japanese blog with modded Leafs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nader

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/car/nissan/leaf/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

use google translate if you want to read it, otherwise just start clicking on stuff.

Pics of mods, wheels, various suspension upgrades. Look slike RSR makes coilovers too (aside from Tein).

nader said:
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/car/nissan/leaf/

use google translate if you want to read it, otherwise just start clicking on stuff.

Pics of mods, wheels, various suspension upgrades. Look slike RSR makes coilovers too (aside from Tein).

Very nice. Thanks for the weblinks Nader! ;-)

No prob. It takes a bit of time but there are tons of pics with details of peoples mods on that site. I just set Google Chrome to auto-translate every page.

This is the most modded car I found. Each link has install/detail photos.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/314592/car/665956/photo.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

p6.jpg

This guy swapped on G35 4-piston front calipers. Seems like a straight bolt on.

nader said:
Amazing how some nice looking wheels and coilovers transform the look of the car...

nader said:
No prob. It takes a bit of time but there are tons of pics with details of peoples mods on that site. I just set Google Chrome to auto-translate every page.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/314592/car/665956/photo.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

p6.jpg

This guy swapped on G35 4-piston front calipers. Seems like a straight bolt on.

Looks really sic! ;-P

From those links you provided, it seems the wheels are RAYS VolkRacing LE37K GOLD 18x7.5JJ OFF+40 with 215/45R18 shoes.

Amazing to see those fit into the Leafs wheel wells....

oh it'll fit much more than a 7.5". It can take a 9" wheel out back in the mid 30's offset range with no problem. I've yet to determine how much wheel it can take up front. I'll know in a few days though. I'll be installing an 18x8.75 +35 with a 225/40/18 tire. Hope it fits. It should look pretty sweet.

Remember too that this car is on coilovers which has much smaller diameter than a regular spring/damper setup which can aide in wider wheel/higher offset fitments.

I think Nader will win the award for most wheel stuffed in a LEAF. It will be interesting to hear the actual Pros and Cons of going this route. Good luck!

Haha. I realize it's more of a show than go setup but for the around town driving I do I dont mind taking a range hit. Plus I want to get my car camera rig up on the Leaf to get some cool rolling shots. Who knows, maybe it'll grace the pages of stance nation one day. Ha! "Hella flush" fitment is pretty much mandatory these days.

I have been talking to Todd from TCE Motorsports about a lighter brake setup. I know the 370z Nismo parts bolt right up but that is a heavy 14" setup and lightweight floating rotors are $$$. A more practical 12.2" setup with 4-pot Wilwood calipers that would fit over high offset 17's would be a better balance IMO.

Now all we need is a NISMO remap for the ECU or someone to start hacking that baby. I want full torque before 19mph. Heck give it full juice off the line, put some 23" slicks on it and take it the weekend 1/8 mile strip. It will probably lay down some decent 60' times. Perfect launch every time. That is until the battery temps get angry.

TRONZ said:
I think Nader will win the award for most wheel stuffed in a LEAF. It will be interesting to hear the actual Pros and Cons of going this route. Good luck!
+1 - looking forward to it as well. :)

ado850 said:
My NISSAN LEAF's new style.
Looks great! How is the ride with the RS*R springs?

garygid said:
Is this partly PhotoShop, or a real car?

If real, how did you do the "mouth"?
It's a real car - he probably used vinyl applique for the "mouth" as he did on the roof. Could be replicated with flat black paint as well, but most opt for vinyl these days since it's removable, cheaper than paint and looks like the real thing if installed correctly.

I believe RedLeader took a 17"x9" (not sure what offset and tire size but it came from an S14) wheel and test fitted it on the front & rear and determined that is is doable w/ the stock suspension. Seems like the Leaf follows the typical Nissan trend of having lots of extra room in those wheel wells.

Back